G1 data plan with family unlimited text

Last Updated:

1. jimbo2412

jimbo2412 New Member This Topic's Starter

how much is the data plan for just the internet. i have family unlimited text for $20 a month and tmobile said i have to get the one with four hundred text there is no just data. although about a month ago was told it would be $20 since i have family text. any help thx

Advertisement
  2. Shoo

Shoo Member

Interesting....
    I wondering about this too.
    That will be sad if they make you pay for the extra 400 text.

I had the t-zone plan with my iPhone. I went with the 400 extra for th G1 because I wanted to enjoy the 3G speed....
    we shall see.

3. lg58

lg58 Member

If you have both T-mo's family plan and the $20 unlimited text, you don't need the "unlimited web access and 400 domestic text" service. In fact, this choice is not even available (I peeked at the screen in T-mo's retail store). On the other hand, the monthly prices with and without the 400 text are the same, as shown in T-mo's web site.

4. johnkzin

johnkzin Well-Known Member

I have family unlimited (voice + messaging). For my previous phone, I had Total Internet for $20/mo. But, for the G1, they didn't offer me anything other than the basic two plans they advertized: $25/mo for unlimited data, hotspot, 400 messages, or $35/mo for unlimited data, hotspot, unlimited messaging.

I took the $25/mo, even though I don't need the 400 messages. It feels like I'm wasting $5/mo, but it's better than wasting $15/mo :-} and at $20/mo I was on EDGE, where at $25/mo I'm on 3G... so that's how I rationalize the $5 extra.

5. lkosova

lkosova Well-Known Member

I posted this elsewhere but tmobile gave us family texting plan for $9.99 instead of the $20.00 plan plus fab five for free so we went with the $25.00 plan instead of the $35.00 plan.

we were going over and this is why they threw in the fav five for us plus took off an nice chunk of money.

They did not try to upgrade us to a more expensive plan but tried to get us to use our plan more effectively.

I have been really impressed with tmobile and really do think they try. Most other companies could care less, I really do get the feeling they care and try to make you happy.

This is why I have been with them for over 7 or so years.

Larry

6. wnyzfinest

wnyzfinest Member

you need to get the $24.99 G1 Data Only, No text
    t-mobile is including the 400 text messages in the packages, in this case, just pay the $4.99, for the 3G access and Hot Spots Support it's worth it!