G1/dream SD not workingSupport

Last Updated:

1. Brenwyn

Brenwyn New Member This Topic's Starter

Aug 18, 2010
    I am running the newest stable version of Cyanogen on the dream. (6.0.0 or android 2.2) I thought that it wasn't possible however it does work 94%of the time. however it is very slow and annoying sometimes. I want to bring it back down to android 2.1 as this was the most stable. HOWEVER, I realized That I cant get into the recovery to flash the old one because of ROM manager. Fine so I take a different route right? My SD card reader is giving me hell. it works on a computer but when plugged into phone while on? nothing. at all. When you turn it on and the SD card is in it. It just freezes and all you can do is drag down the top bar over top of a black background that says reading SD.

long story short. SD card reader doesn't work and I desperately need to flash a different ROM. Phone wont even reset to factory settings like I tell it to.:mad:

2. fratermus

fratermus Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    I suspect the filesystem is munched on the SD. If you could get to recovery I'd say fsck and/or reformat from there and see if it would work in the reader.

I am confused. Are you saying you plug the card reader into the phone?