1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

g1 going slow, playing music at random times, anyone want to list a processes list?

1. sn0skier

sn0skier Active Member

First my info:

1.) Model Number ? T-Mobile G1
    2.) Firmware Version ? 1.6
    3.) Baseband Version ? 62.50S.20.17U_2.22.19.26I
    4.) Kernel Version ? 2.6.29.6-cm42
    shade@toxygene )
    Mod version: CyanogenMod-4.2.8
    5.) Build Number ? DRC83

Also do you have a T-Mobile Data plan on your
    PayAsYouGo or FlexPay Plan? N/A

Carrier ? T-Mobile (we know some are also Unlocked so not Just T-Mobile)

Country you are using your phone in ? US (we know that not everyone is from the US)

Now on to my problem. My phone is running very slowly. Like 15 seconds to exit an app and get to the homescreen slow. Also, music that I had paused has starting playing at random times for about 2 seconds while my phone is just lying there on the table. Part of this might be that I have a lot of apps. I only have about 7.5MB of Phone storage left. But it might not be because of that. I went into the astro process manager and looked through the processes (not apps or services tab, but processes) to see anything that might be eating resources, and I found a bunch of processes labeled "re-initialized>." About ten instances with one constantly using about 33-50% CPU. It's PID was 27475. The rest didn't seem to use any CPU, but they all took about 15MB Memory. Does this seem weird to anyone? Can someone else look at this in astro and tell me what's on their list and how much system resources it is eating up? Anyone have any other ideas about what my problem could be?
    Thanks for your help.

Advertisement
  2. kabbie_mcfeely

kabbie_mcfeely Well-Known Member

My best advice ...

menu-setting-sd card & storage-internal phone storage

write down that number

menu-settings-applications-manage apps -**-clear cache

menu-setting-sd card & storage-internal phone storage

compare this number to the first time you checked

**A couple of the apps that need it most are ...

browser
    market

There more but you will need to check each one on your device. Write down each app that you find with "cache" so you have it for later.

Once you get used to which ones need it you wont need the list so much.

Please post up what you find and how this works for you.
  3. sn0skier

sn0skier Active Member

This amounted to less then a full MB change in phone storage. Can someone please check their processes list to let me know if "re-initialized>" is sucking up a lot of their resources as well?
  4. sn0skier

sn0skier Active Member

Figured out the music thing:
    CyanogenMod-4.2.8 | CyanogenMod
    "For the mysterious music fix – it looks like the system audio files get removed during the flash process. With no audio, the system plays music files for notifications.
    Download the audio resources from Cyanogen’s website and install to the SD card to remedy."

However, my phone has been going slowly for a while, and not just since the 4.2.8 update. Can someone help me out?