• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

G1 is now dubbed

phandroid

Admin News Bot
Apr 12, 2008
It seems one of the largest gripes over the G1 has partially (if not mostly)subsided today - the G1 is now shipping with an obligatory USB to 3.5mm headphone adapter. And although it’s not the most minimalistic version that could’ve been used, I’m getting a sneaking suspicion that new G1 owners will be more than [...]

More...

I think 'should' is pretty subjective.

When you bought it, you (hopefully) knew what the box contained... When you buy a computer, and they upgrade it the next week, you wouldn't expect them to give you the upgraded version free because you were a week late?

Well, what *I* heard when I ordered it was that they were out of adapters, but would ship them to the people that ordered phones and did not get one. It's not like this is an upgrade or anything, just something they _would_ have included in my box if they had one.

It's more like if your computer shipped without a mouse that was supposed to come in the box, not a really big deal but it would still be nice to have.

Upvote 0
Well, what *I* heard when I ordered it was that they were out of adapters, but would ship them to the people that ordered phones and did not get one.

Unless you heard that from T-Mobile, I don't see how it applies. A rumor isn't proof that you've been treated badly.

Your mouse analogy doesn't quite work, as a computer would be very difficult to use without a mouse. And they didn't forget the adapter, they had a list online of everything in the box -- an adapter was not on that list. A more accurate way would be to say yours included a mouse, and a month later they decided to add a mouse tablet and stylus to the box. You were sold what was advertised, no more, no less.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones