G1 lacking basic things that BB does better?General

Last Updated:

1. SmallDL

SmallDL Active Member This Topic's Starter

I just got my G1 a couple of weeks ago. I used to have a BB 8900. I am not trying to bash, cause I do like my G1. But I have noticed that BB ruled on a few things.

Though maybe, I just don't have the right apps, in which case, please let me know.

FB on the G1 blows. I have tried every which way to get a decent FB app on my G1 and nothing comes close to what I had on BB. I had to set it up to receive text notifications from the website in order to get notifications. But even then thats iffy, and its usually not the full message. And I did try Bloo and that kept force closing, plus it would tell me I didn't have friends nor access to my own profile because I wasn't friends with myself. wtf?

Email is also a mess. I have a gmail account and a yahoo account. My yahoo updates whenever it feels like, not according to the 10min limit I have for it to auto refresh. Maybe I have some settings wrong?

I really do like the G1, but I am finding it frustrating on those two issues. With my husband in the Navy and deployed email is the only way we can communicate quickly. It was the whole reason why I got a BB in the first place, so I could get my emails quickly and respond just as quickly. I went to the G1 after seeing how awesome my friends G1 was, and the wider range of apps, and not the annoying freezing that often happened on the BB when running too many apps.

Are there some settings I am missing? Or an app (free hopefully) that will solve those issues? Thanks guys. :D

Advertisement
  2. RozzaC

RozzaC Well-Known Member

Facebook on the G1....
    You're pretty much stuck with what you got...unless somebody comes out with a super awesome app in the near future...

E-Mail...
    Try using K-9 Mail....
    People claim it to be far better than the standard Email app on the G1...

3. SmallDL

SmallDL Active Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the response. I'll look for k-9 on the market.

I am disappointed in the lack of a decent app for facebook. There are sooo many awesome apps for andriod, and this seems to be the one thing that is just blaaah for an awesome phone.