g1 options not functioning while sd card is inGeneral

Last Updated:

1. batona

batona New Member This Topic's Starter

I have a problem with my g1 and hoping someone knows how to fix the problem.

The problem is that whenever I put a MicroSD card in my g1, the phone reads the card fine. But when I try to access the wifi options or phone info the application does not respond or when I get phone calls it lags. It keeps giving me the "sorry the wifi application is not responding" or some junk like that.
    To stop the g1 from acting up...I have to shut the phone off and take the MicroSD card out and reboot. Everything works fine once I reboot the g1 without the MicroSD card.

I've tried different way to fix the problem and none have prevailed.

I have tried formatting the card between the fat and fat32. Also with different brands and capacity.
    I tried hard resetting the phone ...which i done 3 times already and still doesn't fix.
    I tried yelling at it and it just stood there.

Let me know your solution to end this insanity.

Advertisement
  2. batona

batona New Member This Topic's Starter

I'd talked to HTC customer care and I still have the limited warranty. Has anybody else done the warranty exchange or some junk like that? They said they have to diagnose the phone first before they consider being covered by the warranty. They're charging 39.99 regardless to whether its warranty covered or not, repairs or not, still charging a fee for diagnose and return shipping.....if i heard correctly.

I'm suppose to ship it out to them out of my own pocket. But has anybody convince HTC to pay for your shipping??