G1 Problem, Big Time! Please HelpGeneral

Last Updated:

1. rysia

rysia New Member This Topic's Starter

Feb 13, 2010
    I've had my G1 since August and it's been working perfectly fine up until a couple weeks ago. I updated the hardware that rogers wireless insisted every G1 user were to do. After I did that it went downhill. Sometimes when I try to make outgoing phone calls the "dialing" screen appears but there's no ring tone for atleast a minute and then the "dialing" screen just disappears and it returns to the previous screen. As for incoming calls, I've tried to call my G1 from a land line and another cell line and says that my phone is off. It's the same for text messages, if I try to send one when this problem is happening it just fails and I can't recieve text messages either. Another problem is sometimes there will be no internet connection what so ever. Oh and lately it's been managing to drain it's own battery literally overnight in an 8 hour period without being touched.

If I turn my phone on and off it usually solves the problem but now this problem is occuring too often, so I call my provider and they told me how to reboot the phone so I did. A few hour after it started happening again, so I called them again. They sent me a new phone but it has the same problems more or less.

Am I doing something wrong? I want to call back rogers and let them know it's happening again but I just don't want to be accused of lying.

Help, Please!

2. damnmad

damnmad Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2010
    See this thread. This one might interest you too.

EDIT: forgot to mention: Dream to Magic only until 14 Feb, and Magic so damn cool. Worth a few months of extension.