G1 Shuts off Randomly...Support

Last Updated:

1. tomservo

tomservo New Member This Topic's Starter

My phone will shut off randomly during the day ONLY while I am at work.

I have swapped out 4 G1's and they all do this only while I am at work.

We have swapped the battery, Ive not used the SD card, Ive completely restored the phone to its defaults not installed a single thing and still the same, also was told to use only the edge network!

They said that they were going to send out someone to look at the cellphone reception in the area.

My point being even if cell phone signal is an issue it should not be shutting down because of lack of it / and or reception bouncing back up and down.

Also the led status light may still be blinking green if i have a text or email waiting while its frozen. The only possible way to boot the phone back up is to pull the battery put back in and power up the phone.

I have been reading this website for a long time so I'm pretty familiar with the android platform and my phone, but this is very very disappointing.

Any ideas?

Any kudos to any suggestions ahead of time.

Advertisement
  2. devolio

devolio Well-Known Member

Use adb to check logcat (or use log collector on the market) and see what happens when it reboots. Chances are there'll be more information in there.

3. tomservo

tomservo New Member This Topic's Starter

thank you for the help, ill read through the logs myself and see what I can find, have you any experience in looking through the logs or anyone else here?

4. devolio

devolio Well-Known Member

I'm a developer, I probably spend hours in adb every day. Feel free to send me your log. I'll pm you the address.