G1 Signal IssuesSupport

Last Updated:

1. GQLewis88

GQLewis88 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, I'm pretty new to the G1. I bought the phone used off of eBay and it worked great but, the housing was all beat up. I replaced the housing yesterday and everything still worked on my phone except the camera button (not a big issue though) and my signal (bigger issue) keeps going in and out of service. Usually I get 3g service in my home but the signal keeps going out and coming back as 1-2 bars EDGE. I have no clue what I did wrong when I put the phone back together or even where the antenna is in the phone. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

1.) Model Number ? T-Mobile G1
    2.) Firmware Version ? 1.5
    3.) Baseband Version ? 62.50s.20.17H_2.22.19.261
    4.) Kernel Version ? 2.6.27-00393-g6607056 san@sandroid #1
    5.) Build Number ? CRC 1

Also do you have a T-Mobile Data plan on your
    PayAsYouGo or FlexPay Plan? Yes on FlexPay

Carrier ? T-Mobile (we know some are also Unlocked so not Just T-Mobile)

Country you are using your phone in ? US (we know that not everyone is from the US)

Is the phone SIM registered in T-Mobile as the Correct phone? Yes

Advertisement
  2. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Get the app call Cell Finder ... then with it ... move as close to the cell tower as possible and monitor you signal ... you should see if it increase or decreases based on your location with respect to the tower ... if that seems to work as expected ... then all is well ... if not ... WELL ???

3. GQLewis88

GQLewis88 New Member This Topic's Starter

The problem has more to do with the phone itself, then the signal. When I put the phone back together, I think I may have done something to the internal antenna. I need to know where it is and how to fix it.

4. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Do a search for G1 Service Manual or Dream Service Manual ...

I know there is one out there ... i had a copy on my old computer ... but dont recall if it had exact antenna location ...

Give that a try ...