G1 Unlocking ... How'd you do it?General

Last Updated:

1. AudaciousQuip

AudaciousQuip Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone here have an unlocked G1 running on another network?

I'm on AT&T and I bought this G1 used, with the intention of unlocking it. Every site I go to says the G1 is unlockable remotely, with a PIN. However, I've actually paid two sites so far, and they have both told me that they can't come up with an unlock code for my particular IMEI#.

Anyone else have trouble like this? If I mail it in to a business that specializes in mobile unlocking, will they have more success? Anyone have a place to recommend?

Thanks ...

Advertisement
  2. mstrakt

mstrakt Member

3. summedic

summedic New Member

I am also considering trying to get an unlocked G1 to use on AT&T. Is there anyone out there that has done this and can give me some feedback as to how good the service is, and once I unlock is there anything else I need to do to get all the functions to work. Thanks. :)

4. cellfservices

cellfservices New Member

The majority of G1s are unlocked remotely and codes are found 95% of the time. The 5% of the time that they are not found is when the phone has been reported as being "lost or stolen". That being said, if you purchased the phone off of e-bay or other third party classifieds, who knows what happened to it.

For those of you looking to buy phones, a useful tip would be to ask the owner for the IMEI because you would like to unlock the phone when you receive it. As an unlock code wholesaler and retailer, the HTC/Google G1 codes can be generated instantly. The ones that do not come back are called "Not Found" and those different services MUST refund you if it is not found.

We'd be willing to give it a shot, but if the other people could not get it, the chances are that the the IMEI/Code has been deleted from the HTC databases.

5. pacothebandit

pacothebandit Well-Known Member

I asked TMO to get mine...if at all possible find someone willing to part with one that is already on TMO...

6. AudaciousQuip

AudaciousQuip Member This Topic's Starter

The Blowfish code worked. That guy's the real deal.

7. david22

david22 New Member

8. griffan

griffan Member

even if you unlock it and get it onto at&t can you still acces the ap store if your not on the corect network?

9. NickPavs

NickPavs New Member

You will have no problems accessing the Android Market as long as you provision your APM settings according to AT&T's network.

Follow this tutorial, I did it last week when I unlocked my G1 and things have been running great: YouTube - Setup AT&T Data on Unlocked Google G1

10. magicfab

magicfab Member