g1 update help

Last Updated:

1. jp19761

jp19761 New Member This Topic's Starter

i turned on my auto update today, to check my emails and it came up with update so i updated it. now all i get is (process mobi.bbase.ahome) has stopped unexpectedly. please try again

after phoning tmoblile and giving them a bit of verbal and getting

Advertisement
  2. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Hi jp19761 & Welcome to the forums! :D

The reason you got all these error messages & force closes is because you were using Ahome which is currently / was having difficulty with Donut. All you had to do was Uninstall ahome {or updated to a Donut compatible version if available} and that would have sorted it out :) No Factory reset was required!

Lucky you though. A 3rd party app caused the problem but you got compensated by T-mobile for something which they are not liable for and have no control over.....

Carl C ;)

3. jp19761

i no it was nothing to do with them but god loves a trier lol
    how can i uninstall ahome now cant do anything with it

4. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

lool :D

Hey I can't blame a man {or woman} for trying :p

Now you have to boot in safe mode to uninstall ahome , otherwise as you know you'll reboot and BAM {like a wet fish to the face} the force close error is their.

How to Boot into Safe mode:

When the phone is powered off, press the END CALL/POWER button and hold the MENU button until the system boots up to the Home Screen. Then the Safe mode notification will be shown on the bottom left of the display. In Safe mode, all 3rd party applications will not be executed so you can boot up your phone successfully to uninstall any applications which you may have recently installed or which may be stopping your phone from booting correctly.

So Boot in safe mode as the above ............ Uninstall Ahome.........reboot normally and your Done!

Carl C ;)

5. jp19761

tried it but all i get is a triangle with an ! in the middle and pic of a phone at the bottom of it

will i lose all my contacts if i do factory reset

6. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Your contacts should be backed up to your Google account , Before a factory reset just check they have all successfully backed up first , Log in your Gmail account on a PC and click contacts -> You should see them all their.

After a factory reset , Sign into the Google account you were using and your Contacts etc should sync back no problem :D