G1 Upgrade price of $98.88General

Last Updated:

1. muzicman0

muzicman0 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just bought my wife a G1 at walmart in SoCal, for $98.88, and this was the upgrade price, not the new customer price...I don't think I have seen that anywhere else. I think the Amazon deal is only for new contract, but could be wrong...either way, we walked out of the store with it, so she didn't have to wait on shipping! Now I just have to figure out a way to tell them apart (we both have black G1's now)...skinit.com...here I come!

mm0

Advertisement
  2. intelliott

intelliott New Member

Did you have to say anything to the sales person to get it at that price for the upgrade? My wife and I went to Sam's Club (essentially Walmart) in Denver and the sales guy wouldn't give us the $98.88 price unless we canceled and re-subscribed as a new customer...he was kind of a douche.

3. muzicman0

nope, it was posted right by the phone. I called tmobile to make sure that nothing would change on my contract, since I am on a corporate plan, and have a discount...tmobile told me that when you do an upgrade, NOTHING changes on your account, it is just extended, so I would say the sams club guy was wrong, if they are advertising the upgrade price as $98.88.

mm0

4. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

No that is the price of the phone after rebate .. just like T-mobile's was $175 pre-introduction ... It just not the total price .. because you are agreeing to a contract for a time-period ... with stiff penalties for quitting early ... to cover the cost of the special reduced phone price ...

5. muzicman0

I'm not sure what you are saying??? I paid $98.88 plus tax, out the door. Of course it was a discounted price, and I had to extend my contract, but I stated that earlier in the thread. But, I did not have to change my contract in any way (except for the extension), so I kept my corporate discount intact....I didn't have to move my contract over to walmart.

mm0