G1 Very WarmGeneral

Last Updated:

1. clarkkent28

clarkkent28 Member This Topic's Starter

Hi guys just wondering. I have had my G1 for nearly 2 weeks now. But when i use it a lot the bottom part of it with the buttons on gets very warm on the back. Is this normal? Cheers

Advertisement
  2. Mr Bloppy

Mr Bloppy Well-Known Member

Yes it normally happens to me to

3. clarkkent28

Cheers mate. I have been researching the net and people are saying it seems to be a select few that are heating up. They were saying to get it replaced. But i am not sure. Thanks for the answer.

4. Ageless Stranger

Ageless Stranger Well-Known Member

I don't know why people are replacing their batteries, probably paranoia from the Sony scandal last year. The G1 battery does get hot when charging, and after heavy use but it's not something to be concerned about unless it is too hot to touch. I have never heard of a case like that with the G1.

5. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

One thing I have noticed is when I am using the g1 in a heavy use mode, MP3 and wifi with heavy surfing or youtuble video G3, or Wifi ... I think it is that the Radio chips which are in that area are working overtime and therefore run hot... It can be during Charging at the same time ... that it is more prevalent and noticeable ...

6. clarkkent28

Thanks a lot for your replies guys. Least i know its normal to warm up. Saves me a trip back to t mobile.