G1 vs. iPhone on The Gadget Show -Round 2-

Last Updated:

1. atleastihaveMMS

atleastihaveMMS Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. mmace

mmace Member

this isn't "revenge", this one was aired a few weeks before the other one and this is the one that convinced me to get the G1 (I ordered it that night), which is why I was surprised that it did so badly in the test a few weeks later vs Storm & iPhone

3. atleastihaveMMS

Thanks, edited.

In that case, yes, that only makes the other show more perplexing. Then again, the guy who did it seemed to dislike the G1 from the start, only praising android on it.

4. semach.the.monkey

semach.the.monkey Active Member

That was the deciding factor for me too when it was shown. I wasn't quite so much in a rush to get one though... I waited until the next day!

As much as I like the Gadget Show, however, I don't feel like I can take the results of their tests as an unbiased review of the product itself. There's far too many things that come down to presenter vs presenter, or preferences based on style.

STM

5. mmace

mmace Member

exactly, every single one of their "tests" are wrong, they get one person to use one model while another uses a different one, or they do different tests, I remember once they were testing camera's on phones and they took photos of different things in different light at different times of day, how's that a fair test?

6. atleastihaveMMS

Yeah, but unfortunately the public actually will listen to such "reviews".

Also...go to my TIME magazine thread and vote ;)