• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

G1 w/out data plan question

hake0305

Oct 13, 2009
So I am on the Even More Plus no contract plan with 500+text+web, but at my next month renewal I am downgrading to the 500+text plan, without the Android internet package.

I plan on using wifi for my data usage, but I am wondering if the phone will automatically default to Tmobile data and I will then be charged for each time the phone accesses data. Is there a way to disable this? I tried the Anycut Testing shortcut method, but every time I try to log onto the internet, it will select the 3G instead of the wifi and reconnect the data connection with Tmobile. Granted, I do not yet have the Android internet removed from my phone. I just want to make sure that when it is removed I don't suddenly start incurring data charges.

SONY X10

hi all x10ers. well i am enjoying the phone a lot even coming from iphone. one thing that is bugging me now is that in the last couple of days the data useage has gone off the charts. i am talking 44MB in one day where i hardly used it. all the apps are set to manual refresh. there is nothing running (that i can find) that would use data like that. location service is off. GPS is off. EVERYTHING IS OFF!!! but even on the hour drive home from work today it used nearly 4MB. WTF. i am thinking of getting rid of the phone if it is just going to become a headache. i use WIFI when i am at home and not a massive amount of mobile data. just the odd FB update and stuff. all data usage has been normal up till now...

has any one else had this problem. i am on the ROgers network and there tech support was HOPELESS!!!!!!! oh yea i have a task killer killing all unwanted regular running apps..

DESPERATE PLEASE HELP,,,,, i dont want to have to pay out for an iphone4!!!!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones