G1 Windows Driver issuesSupport

Last Updated:

1. sambennett

sambennett Member This Topic's Starter

Ok well I posted a thread yesterday about setting up my G1 via Wi-Fi. I was provided a very helpful tutorial on just how to do it.

However I am a little stuck with a driver problem. I have now installed RC29 and am trying to get root access, but whenever I try the "adb devices" command I just get:

"List of devices attached"

With nothing listed underneath. I believe it may be a problem with my drivers. Because I haven't been able to access any of the phone features, Windows sees it as a USB Mass Storage device and automatically installs a generic driver for that. I am unable to update the driver to the HTC Dream ones because Windows tells me that it has installed the most recent driver.

I have tried everything to get the correct driver to install but nothing works! Please help

Thank youuuu

EDIT: Also even though it is installed as a Mass Storage device it doesn't show up in My Computer. Also I am running Windows 7.

Advertisement
  2. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Just connect the phone to the PC ... DO NOT Mount the sdcard as you would normally do when wanting to access the sdcard as a usb drive ....

Now issue your ADB devices command ...
    you should get :
    "List of devices attached" and the serial number of the phone ...

If you get that then all is fine ...

3. sambennett

I have been connecting the phone to the computer WITHOUT the SD card in it and I have this problem. It always recognizes as a USB Mass Storage device and never shows up in ADB

4. justjimjpc

It is ok to have the SDcard installed .... just dont do the mount thing from the Notifications bar

5. sambennett

Ok how do I do that? I haven't been mounting it as far as I know.

6. justjimjpc

You lost me !! how do you do what ? Not Mount the sdcard ... or how do you Install the SDCARD in the phone .. ?

7. markopolo311

markopolo311 New Member

I'm having the same issues. I have the drivers, but once the phone is plugged in, it shows up as a removable drive.

How can I tell windows (XP) to stop mounting the drive automatically, and ask me for drivers instead?