G2 bottom of screen icons grey, can I change this? So world=blue Phone=GreenSupport

1. mackinley

mackinley Active Member

I use a Tmobile G2, and its running vanilla android. The bottom screen icons (Phone, apps, Browser) are the standard grey color, I noticed on some phone reviews that the phone icon is green, and the browser icon is blue. Is this for HTC sense? Or can I add or change this somehow?

Advertisement
    :
  2. aquaitious

aquaitious Well-Known Member

LauncherPro

GO Launcher

Both of these should do the trick.

Then find the icons of your liking here, here and here and then customize to your liking.
  3. mackinley

mackinley Active Member

Will this replace my current launcher? My portrait to landscape is extremely slow (timed it and it took 27 seconds to switch the background when I opened the keyboard). Will this help that aswell?
  4. aquaitious

It will replace your current launcher and it may help with your portrait to landscape turnaround.

Honestly, I have mine set up with only two home screens and only one widget. It runs as smooth as butter. All my other important apps are on the bottom of the screen [14 apps (1 app drawer), plus 15 swipes], so the phone doesn't really slow down much...if at all.
  5. mackinley

mackinley Active Member

I think I might try one. Do you recommend ADW or LP? Also, it doesn't require root does it?
  6. aquaitious

In terms of popularity, I'd say LauncherPro and GO Launcher are 1a and 1b. Then you get ADW.

I'm a big LauncherPro fan, but GO Launcher has the same features and some more I believe.

Too late for me to change, but LP does everything I want it to. I don't need anything more.

I cannot comment on ADW since I've never used it.

And no, you do not have to root for any of these.