G2 case and putting apps on SD card?Tips

Last Updated:

1. Artemis68

Artemis68 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I have two "n00bish" questions, so I apologize. :D

1) I have a T-Mobile G2. I got this nifty T-Mobile "gel" case for it. It's actually a hard case with 2 pieces. works great. I just got another case though that's similar and it's blue. I'd like to switch them off but I can't for the life of me get the gel case off my phone. Anyone know how?

2) I see you can "move" apps to the SD card.

What are the advantages of this? Do the apps actually RUN off the SD card? I haven't moved any over yet. If they actually are located and run off the SD card, it would probably save a lot of phone space, right? How does it impact the running of apps as well as battery life? I would think if the phone has to access the SD card a lot for apps, the battery would go down more.

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

You can always pry it off with a flathead screwdriver.

Free's up memory from your internal memory. And apps will run marginally faster.

Some apps will move everything to the card, and therefore run off it. Other apps just move data/chache storage to the card.

It doesnt.

Nope, not at all.

3. Artemis68

Artemis68 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks sitlet, very helpful.

I am going to transfer most of my apps to my SD card later today. Does this mean that I have virtually unlimited space for apps? (or am just limited to the space of my SD card?) sounds like this could really help with the memory of the phone too.