• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help G2 Freezing

zielin

Lurker
Oct 27, 2010
Anyone having issues with their G2 locking up?

I've had the phone about a week and it has now happened to me five times. When the phone is sitting idle it will sometimes refuse to wake back up. Pressing buttons does nothing. Holding in the power button does nothing. This is a pretty big inconvenience because I will often not realize the phone is locked up for hours, and so miss any calls/texts during that time.

I had a couple apps I had installed that run as services so I uninstalled those to rule that out. So I believe the only things I have running as a service now are the stock apps that shipped with the phone. It has not seemed to help.

Are there any other troubleshooting steps I can try to help narrow down what the issue may be? I have another week left to change my mind on this phone, so I'm trying to rule it out as a defect with the phone itself. If I can not narrow it down to a software issue then I'm guessing my best bet is to exchange it for another to be safe.

I've searched, but couldn't find anything similar. Lots of people saying their phone is restarting, but that is not what I'm experiencing.

Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones