G2 or Mytouch 4g?

1. Nickc2103

Nickc2103 Guest

When I tried to compare the two at my local t-mobile store they only had the plastic non working models there. I basing my decision on certain criteria
    1. which is faster
    2. Gaming
    3. Camera quality
    4. features
    5. which one has less problems
    6. physical keyboard vs virtual keyboard( I have large fingers)
    thanks.

Advertisement
    :
  2. GODMODE

GODMODE Well-Known Member

Mytouch4g has two cameras. Also 1ghz cpu. But g2 has stock android. It will also likely get future android versions sooner because of this. Hardware kb option on g2 rocks. If you dont care about a front camera, go with the G2.
  3. Ngo93

Ngo93 Well-Known Member

I'd say it really boils down to if you need a keyboard and how much you value the front facing camera. How much do each of these features matter to you? But that's weird, if you ask them for the phone they should have some under the counter for you to play with.
  4. aysiu

aysiu Well-Known Member

Yeah, when I went to look for the MyTouch 4G, it was just a plastic model, so I had to ask the employees there, and they fished a working model out of the back room. Just ask. Not a good idea to make a purchase without trying the two out yourself.
  5. Joe Dirt

Joe Dirt Well-Known Member

I wanted a real keyboard and didn't care about a ffc, mt4g has more ram, processor is 1ghz compared to 800mhz on the G2 but I think the stock android runs faster than sense.
  6. I like real keyborad, and if you also like it, you can get G2
  7. Nickc2103

Nickc2103 Guest

Thanks for the responses. Does anyone know if there is a significant performance difference between 800 Mhz 2nd gen processor of the G2 and the 1 Ghz 2nd gen processor of MT4G, especially when it comes to running the PSX and N64 emulators. Alsi whuch has better battery life?