G2 OTA to 2.3 leaked update now if you want.Tips

1. Joe Dirt

Joe Dirt Well-Known Member

Thanks to the great people over at XDA we have the 2.3 update early. Flash this signed tmobile pc10img.zip (rename the file PC10IMG.zip after download). it is the 2.3 update. Put the pc10img.zip on the root of your sdcard, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A FULL BATTERY BEFORE DOING THIS if your phone shuts down in the middle you will own a fully bricked G2. boot your phone by pressing vol. Down and pwr at the same time, it will ask of you want to apply the update, press yes. Let it do its thing and follow what it says.

If you are rooted DO NOT USE THIS it WILL UNROOT your device and you will go S-on.

Also, root has not been found for this yet, so if you want to root don't update.
    Netflix may not work at this time with this update

EDIT:

Took down the links till I can find the new build. It will be 2.3.4.

Edit#2

Its here! The OTA to 2.3.4! If you installed the older 2.3.3 you have to wait for the OTA to be pushed or downgrade.

Guide

[GUIDE] T-Mobile G2 2.3.4 official OTA manual update - xda-developers

Huge thanks to XDA once again.

Edit

Here is the pc10img.zip to update your leaked 2.3.3 enjoy

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=16497490#post16497490

Advertisement
  2. ccteo1

ccteo1 New Member

This did not work for me, but I'm not sure I used the correct steps on my G2 (not rooted!).

What I did was;

- downloaded the file
    - renamed the file to PC10IMG.zip
    - copied the file on the root of the SD card
    - Reboot with volume down + touchpad + Power button

Nothing happened, the phone just boots up as normal.

Thank you!

3. ccteo1

ccteo1 New Member

Please disregrad! I misread the instructions. I powered the phone down and it worked. Sorry.
  4. hipster7929

hipster7929 Well-Known Member

Can I download the zip file onto my phone and do all the steps from the phone or do I need to go through the computer?
  5. Joe Dirt

Yeah you can rename it and move it using Astro. Just use wifi to download it and double check the file size and the md5 checksum before flashing.
  6. hipster7929

Sorry, why do I need to check the file size and checksum??
  7. hipster7929

please help, im a newb, i got lost when it was in the bootloader, didnt know what to do, didnt ask me to run update. thanks in advance
  8. Joe Dirt

To ensure you have a good download. If you try to flash a bad/corrupted download it could mean brick.

Make sure you rename it PC10IMG.zip and make sure its just on the sdcard not in any folders. you bootloader will scan the sdcard for that file name and ask you to " press vol up to apply the update."
  9. hipster7929

Hmmm I must be an idiot, I can see PC10IMG.zip at the bottom of the list when I go into androzip, I reboot with volume + down, takes me to the bootloader, I hit power on hboot, it scans but then goes back to bootloader after that. Am I missing a step?
  10. Joe Dirt

The only thing I could see is don't hit power on hboot, the bootloader should do the scan.
  11. hipster7929

So then what do I do once in the bootloader? Click recovery???
  12. Joe Dirt

No, the bootloader should scan the sd for the pc10img. and ask you to press vol up to update down to decline. So the file isn't named correctly or isn't on the root of your sdcard.
  13. hipster7929

How do I get it into the root part, I tried moving it through androzip and it says it was restricted
  14. hipster7929

Hipster7929@gmail.com if it would be easier to contact me, I know this shouldn't be so hard. Do appreciate you putting up with me though.
  15. Joe Dirt

Download astro file manager free from the market. Find the file, I would guess its under the download folder. Long press the file, hit edit, move. Press the file up button, paste it under /mnt/sdcard
  16. hipster7929

alright so i had finally gotten it to scan the file, even saw a tiny progress bar on the top right of the screen, but for whatever reason it did not ask me if i wanted to apply the zip. i think im giving up.
  17. elviseo

elviseo New Member

Worked perfectly for me. Thanks.
  18. hipster7929

Elviseo can you post a video or something this is killing me
  19. hipster7929

also, i just tried it again and noticed it said the first 2 files were incorrect the .diag . nbh i believe? i just dont know what i could have done wrong. :confused:
  20. Joe Dirt

21. hipster7929

hmmm said all 3 mirrors were invalid, i got the original file you had posted
  22. hipster7929

i also just noticed that the md5 didnt match the one on that link you just posted so redownloading now, seems to me a bigger file downloading this time. and joe dirt once again THANKYOU VERY VERY VERY MUCH for dealing with me on this. would have been booted and hung by xda a long time ago!
  23. Joe Dirt

Just make sure you delete the old download and double check the sum of the new one.
  24. hipster7929

thankyou joe dirt. i am now running gingerbread. much love!
  25. jkgraphix11

jkgraphix11 New Member

Hipster... have you experienced any issues thus far since you ran the update? I have downloaded the file and am considering running the update today.