• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help G2- pop3 mail issues

uncletutti

Lurker
Oct 7, 2010
Hi everyone. Just switched from bb to the G2. HUGE UPGRADE!!
I just have 1 issue. When I got the phone, I synced up to my work e-mail. Everything was going good, and for the first few days, I was sending/receiving e-mails like nobody's business.
The problem was, one of the head IT guys didn't like the fact that I switched to a non-bb phone. His complaint was that I wouldn't be on bbm anymore. Needless to say, he didn't like it when I told him that sms was the same thing.
A few days later, and I'm not receiving e-mails anymore unless I click on mail->account settings->incoming settings->then hit next to accept everything I have already filled out. The phone does its process (checking incoming server settings), and then I receive the 3-4 emails that were sent to me in the previous hours.
I set up the account the same way I set it up on the bb: pop3. With the same exact setup, I never had any issues with it before. Why would support be so good for the first few days, and taper off later?
I'm not sure whether this problem is being caused by technical issues related to android's ability to support the mail account, or by people who want to make it look like my phone's unreliable, dragging me back into the drugdery and boredom that is blackberry.

I swear, this phone means a lot to me. I just hope this one problem can be solved.

Oh, I forgot to mention. I also have a gmail account set up on the phone.... and it's INSTANT! As soon as I get mail in my gmail account, it shoots to my phone with such intense speed, I can almost feel the impact!!! :)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones