• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

G2 to note 2. Should i?

The Note 2 is easily my favorite of all of the phones I've owned, from my Treo 700P thru my Galaxy Nexus.

I didn't even think about "upgrading" to the Note 3 because I don't think it's a significant enough upgrade from the Note 2.

Since the one you're thinking about getting has TWRP then if you don't like the TW features you can install an AOSP ROM.

Upvote 0
I bought it mainly for the screen size, but the multi window feature is nice.
Others use the s pen a lot more than I do. They use it for actually taking notes, I prefer to open an app and type.
I mainly use the s pen for creating photoshop type pics in s note.
It also has the gimmicky features such as smart stay and rotate. The camera has cool features like only showing the color blue, green, or red and yellow when taking pictures.

TWRP is a custom recovery. With it you can do nandroid backups which backup the entire phone and you can restore that backup if you need to do so.
It is also used to restore certain parts of the backup such as the kernel and system. It also clears cache, davlik, factory reset, fix permissions, and of course flash new ROMs or mods.

Attachments

• 20130920_130801.jpg
    20130920_130801.jpg
    829.5 KB · Views: 37
  • 9_01.jpg
    9_01.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 44
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones