G2 v EpicGeneral

Last Updated:

1. drizzl

drizzl Member This Topic's Starter

Current G1 owner. Debating jumping ship to Sprint for the Samsung Epic or waiting for the G2. Anyone know how they stack up against each other?

Advertisement
  2. TheBlackPrince

TheBlackPrince Well-Known Member

Performance in terms of 3D rendering and stuff they should be nearly identical. The GPU attached is much more powerful than the GPU in the Snapdragons in newer phones like the Incredible and the Evo.
    The Super AMOLED screen on the Epic is just beautiful to watch but some people say it uses a lot of battery power. The G2 is going to have an OLED screen I believe.
    Stock android may make the performance of the G2 better than Touchwiz on the Epic.

But we really won't know anything until people get their hands on the devices to tell us more. Rumored to be fully announced Sept 15th.

3. DroidDavi

DroidDavi Well-Known Member

i say stay with t mo until real info comes out but i dont think t mo wants to mess this up there a great carrier but they never do much to move up hopefully the reward the faithful with a great phone

so
    htc makes great phones
    t mobile best prices plus hspa+ (i live in a supported area)
    vanilla android 2.2
    hard keyboard
    and im sure this will get crazy dev support

THIS PHONE WILL BE A GEM

4. Zardos

Zardos Well-Known Member

Having vanilla 2.2 makes it an instant win for me. Touch wiz is keeping me away from the galaxy s line.

5. DroidDavi

DroidDavi Well-Known Member

Me to i see this two ways

1. Since it is basic it shouldnt be hard to root or make roms for

2. if you dont like rooting you will most likely get updates 1st since we dont have to wait for them to make it work with sence blur or touch wiz

6. Arcadia

Arcadia Well-Known Member

People stop saying the G2 and Galaxy S line up are almost identical. First off, we don't really know until we see dogfights, but even then the hardware just isn't as good. Adreno205 is an Xbox 360 while the PowerVR chip is a PS3. For basic needs they will perform identical almost, but for more heavy processes the PowerVR is the better chip by a long shot.

I would say go with the Epic 4G, the keyboard on that thing is amazing. I used one at the Sprint store and was pretty surprised at how nice it was. Samsung is really doing their thing right now, I'm tired of these 4 row keyboards.

7. Joe Dirt

Joe Dirt Well-Known Member

Samsung lost me from ever buying one of their phones because of the Behold II. I doubt I will ever own anything else Samsung because of that piece of crap.

8. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member

Its all about preference and coverage. Do you live in a wimax area? Do You live on a hpsa+ area? Do you want sprint? Do you want t-mobile? What advertise screen size do you want? Etc. Both are winners I think. Me personally, I don't think it will be better than the Epic but that's due to preference...