• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root G2 won't boot completely

Have been using this Mod for several months just fine, but recently tried to install an Adobe program unsuccessfully and now, even though i have been able to stop the d/l and installation of the program, the phone won't boot properly. It stops at the green circle/arrow display, and after a while, goes black, then starts the process all over again.

Here is my Recovery screen:

Vision PVT ENG S-OFF
HBOOT-0.76.2000
MICROP-0425
RADIO-26.03.02.26_M
eMMC-boot
Aug 20 2010

i've tried wiping, wiping all, factory reset, reinstall of current Cyanogen 7.0.3 ROM, all to no avail.

Anybody have any suggestions? Now three days w/o phone.

Have a great evening! :)

Thanks guys! i did a full reset and wiped /cache, /sd-ext, etc. and, using my CWM Recovery tried to Apply sd card/update.zip named

update-cm-7.0.3-vision-signed.zip

and got

E: Error in /sdcrd/update-cm-7.0.3-vision-signed.zip
(Status 1)
Installation aborted.

again.

Any suggestions as to what other OS i might try to install?

Have a great morning! :)

Upvote 0
Using adb and /proc/mounts i get>

Code:
[frazelle09@LaGrandota ~]$ adb shell cat /proc/mounts
rootfs / rootfs rw 0 0
tmpfs /dev tmpfs rw,relatime,mode=755 0 0
devpts /dev/pts devpts rw,relatime,mode=600 0 0
proc /proc proc rw,relatime 0 0
sysfs /sys sysfs rw,relatime 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p27 /cache ext3 rw,nodev,noatime,nodiratime,barrier=1,nodelalloc,data=ordered 0 0

Have a great morning! :)

Upvote 0
Thanks, Joe and everyone else who has lent a helping hand!

Finally just stumbled across a simple solution -- found the original ROM, d/l it, placed it on the SD card, booted into Recovery, Factory reset and wipe cache, and installed the original again.

Then from the original ROM rerooted using the Cyanogen, tedious, adb process. But at least it seems to have worked. i'm ready to start d/l my apps again and configuring it like before.

Have a great evening! :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones