• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

G2x has a built-in sound recorder...

You need something that shows you activities that don't have associated applications, such as Any Cut (as mentioned by the OP, and what I used) or Spider Launcher. For example, to create an icon for it with Any Cut, hold down the place you want the icon and select "Shortcuts," then "Any Cut," then "Activity," and then "Sound Recorder."

Reactions: EmceeGeek
Upvote 0
I didn't notice any particular noise; however, the recorded volume was very low, so turning it up to listenable levels would definitely increase the noise. [I've found that to be true on other applications that use the microphone on this phone, too; my other recording application had very low volume, and people have complained about having to speak loudly when using the speaker phone.)

Upvote 0
I was also able to create a shortcut activity with Launcher Pro. The recorded sound is low volume and lower qaulity than the sound recorded with the video camera.

I got the same results with a sound recorder app from the Play store.

Still searching for a sound recorder whith quality on par with the video recorder.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones