• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

sassa

Lurker
Jun 18, 2009
Hey there

bought my HTC Magic yesterday. Though I am struggling with the G3 connections. As soon as I disable the WLAN android is connecting and transfering with G3, which actually costs my quite a lot of money - Eventhough I also disabled every auto-connections in the settings.
Does anyone know how its possible to turn this off?

Thanks for your help.

Thanks.

But this doesn't make any difference, because 2g also costs quite a lot.
Isnt there any way to disable all 3g and 2g connections? Though as I said, my HTC Magic is connecting with 3g or 2g every 30min eventhough i have disabled GPS or any other permanent connections.

Can put the phone in Airplane Mod that turns off all Radios

Upvote 0
Right i've disabled 3G to try and get the most out of my battery, though i notice i've still got the "G" icon @ the top of my screen.
Is 3G disabled or am i mistaking the "G" icon for something else??

The G would be fro GPRS this is 1st generation Data ... slow and painful .. but many of us have lived with it for years ...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones