• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root G4 tweaksbox coming soon

Would this make you happier to remain stock?

• Total voters

Bichofelix

Android Enthusiast
Jun 28, 2013
I have been working with p_toti to support our device. Because we are 32bit we have been unable to use it as integrity check will always fail as it was designed for 64bit.

I have been testing the alpha and everything works. As a side effect of supporting 32bit it also works for other stock LG devices running 5.1.1 such as the Leon and all variants related.

I am attaching screenshots and p_toti promises to release it within the next week as it got delayed.

I will update OP when he releases it.
Screenshot_2015-10-08-11-30-59.png Screenshot_2015-10-08-11-29-56.png Screenshot_2015-10-08-11-29-40.png Screenshot_2015-10-08-11-29-46.png Screenshot_2015-10-08-11-29-01.png Screenshot_2015-10-08-11-28-40.png

Actually that option doesn't work as well as torch doesn't work. Im going to send a log and include that in the list of bugs I've found.
ugh i swear nothing will get rid of that damned carrier lockscreen text...please beg him to keep trying to find someway to get rid of that crap...as for the torch i have gravitybox which lets me assign custom nav button actions so i just have to long press the back button to turn the torch on

Upvote 0
ugh i swear nothing will get rid of that damned carrier lockscreen text...please beg him to keep trying to find someway to get rid of that crap...as for the torch i have gravitybox which lets me assign custom nav button actions so i just have to long press the back button to turn the torch on
Wait, I spoke too soon.
Screenshot_2015-10-08-14-41-50.png

Reactions: AP2FTW
Upvote 0
I always use back-to-kill with a 500ms timeout for back button. G4 tweaksbox will let you add the menu button and assign custom actions to it and I use it for torch on long press. Then long press recent is notification drop down And long press home is last app.

Upvote 0
I always use back-to-kill with a 500ms timeout for back button. G4 tweaksbox will let you add the menu button and assign custom actions to it and I use it for torch on long press. Then long press recent is notification drop down And long press home is last app.
but i thought you said the torch wasnt working?? and thats awesome you got the carrier text off the lockscreen...i cant wait...just hope this module doesnt conflict with gravity box...

Upvote 0
but i thought you said the torch wasnt working?? and thats awesome you got the carrier text off the lockscreen...i cant wait...just hope this module doesnt conflict with gravity box...
It does so reinstall gb and don't touch battery options and you will be fine.
G4twb torch doesn't work. But other torches do so I assigned long press menu to a torch app. My favorite though is torch with vol+ with screen off which would be functional if g4twb torch worked although you can launch an app with the shortcut it will also turn your LCD on.

Reactions: horsecharles
Upvote 0
It does so reinstall gb and don't touch battery options and you will be fine.
G4twb torch doesn't work. But other torches do so I assigned long press menu to a torch app. My favorite though is torch with vol+ with screen off which would be functional if g4twb torch worked although you can launch an app with the shortcut it will also turn your LCD on.
dang thats a shame since i use gravity box + xstana to set my battery icon up...i guess ill just have to try it and see how it works out...if all goes well i can just keep using gravity box to access the torch through my nav button shortcut...

is this going to be a separate module from g4tweakbox or is he just incorporating the changes to make this work on the stylo into his original mod?

Upvote 0
dang thats a shamcolors insteade i use gravity box + xstana to set my battery icon up...i guess ill just have to try it and see how it works out...if all goes well i can just keep using gravity box to access the torch through my nav button shortcut...

is this going to be a separate module from g4tweakbox or is he just incorporating the changes to make this work on the stylo into his original mod?
Xstana doesn't bother it. Just use g4tweaksbox for linked navbar colors and you're golden.
I removed gb since g4twb does basically the same thing. However you can have them both without conflicting if you never even click on anything related to batteryr in gb.

Upvote 0
dang thats a shame since i use gravity box + xstana to set my battery icon up...i guess ill just have to try it and see how it works out...if all goes well i can just keep using gravity box to access the torch through my nav button shortcut...

Incorporating. I am simply asking him to support our board. Idc about bugs all I wanted was 32b support.

Upvote 0
Xstana doesn't bother it. Just use g4tweaksbox for linked navbar colors and you're golden.
I removed gb since g4twb does basically the same thing. However you can have them both without conflicting if you never even click on anything related to batteryr in gb.

i dont change the colors at all so thats not an issue...hopefully i can get the battery icons the way i want with g4twb...but if i cant, what if i just dont touch anything for the battery in g4twb will it still conflict? i guess ill just have to play around and see what happens

Upvote 0
i dont change the colors at all so thats not an issue...hopefully i can get the battery icons the way i want with g4twb...but if i cant, what if i just dont touch anything for the battery in g4twb will it still conflict? i guess ill just have to play around and see what happens

try Xsanta on Xposed...different status bar icons and different nav bar icons

Upvote 0
just to mention, the only thing i use in gravity box regarding the battery is the option to show the percentage and the size to show it, the actual icon is modded by xstana...you think that will still conflict if i dont touch any battery stuff in g4twb? regardless ill still give it a shot...should it conflict i guess ill just have to find a way to live with it, because i really cant wait to get rid of that lockscreen carrier text

Upvote 0
just to mention, the only thing i use in gravity box regarding the battery is the option to show the percentage and the size to show it, the actual icon is modded by xstana...you think that will still conflict if i dont touch any battery stuff in g4twb? regardless ill still give it a shot...should it conflict i guess ill just have to find a way to live with it, because i really cant wait to get rid of that lockscreen carrier text
Nah. Whichever one you activate first

Upvote 0
im confused...so if i install g4twb on top of gb ill have some luck? or vice versa? ill just have to play around with it...i just cant wait to get that carrier text off my lockscreen...is it uploaded yet? lol. maybe you can let me have a peek at the alpha? :)
Correct. Just play with it and it will work for you.
Unfortunately I can't distribute his work as I have learned my lesson previously about taking someone else's work and giving credit to them without their permission. It did not go well.
Also I'm pretty sure removing carrier text from lockscreen is a donate option.

Upvote 0
Correct. Just play with it and it will work for you.
Unfortunately I can't distribute his work as I have learned my lesson previously about taking someone else's work and giving credit to them without their permission. It did not go well.
Also I'm pretty sure removing carrier text from lockscreen is a donate option.
no problem i totally understand just had to ask

Upvote 0
I'll definitely support this! Ready to pull the trigger on purchasing the license. I have a small concern after looking at your screenshots. In the added restart menu, the buttons look a bit closer to one another, right on top of one another. Is that a bug?

Also, thanks for the testing! So glad this is coming!

I also use gravitybox, but only for center clock, cercle battery indicator w/ percent, and decable screen wake upon plugging in or removing USB. Does G4TB do those things too?

Upvote 0
Lockscreen rotation works even for quick.. Look? Idk what to call it.

I think it's officially called "Quick Peak".

I also use gravitybox, but only for center clock, cercle battery indicator w/ percent, and decable screen wake upon plugging in or removing USB. Does G4TB do those things too?

On my G4, Tweakbox can do all those things no problem (it's exactly how I have things set :)) so if this is a direct port, I imagine it would work for the Style too.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones