• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

GA10 Comming soon (Hopefully)

CG what bloatware apps are safe to remove?

I have happily removed the mobile ID, the Sprint Radio, tv and movies, Sprint zone, Google plus, the social network stuff (SNS). I also removed Gmail and the regular email app (I use k-9 for that), sprint wallet, Youtube (I side loaded Flash and use Dolphin browser that I tricked into allopwing me to enable it on Jelly Bean), the Yahoo stuff, Sprint Installer.

There are many others you can remove too (Google play books etc). I have also disabled things like Google partner setup. The best thing to do is use an app like Titanium Backup or Gemini App manager to freeze/block the app first, and see if that causes problems if you are unsure about an app. I have seen some lists one here and xda that could be useful.

Upvote 0
I seem to be having weird issues with this Rom.
By weird I mean apps and phone stuff such as:
-In efile file browser, I can't rename, it says "sorry cannot rename, use another name",
-Every now and then I have a weird 3g issue were I can't toggle 3g at all....this may seem like not a problem, but it doesn't go of even when the phone goes to sleep, so that means data is "ALWAYS" on,
-In a word/office type app called kingsoft office I cannot backspace at all.
These are what I can think of off hand, but a reboot seems to fix it, except I'm having to reboot quite often, which it's also annoying. Sometimes reboot doesn't fix the issues or it fixes it only on a temp basis then reverts back.

Thinking about going back to FK23, unless someone has any fixes our ideas.

I used the OC no-data method.
I'm not using an sd card at all, I am using the internal sd instead.

Upvote 0
I seem to be having weird issues with this Rom.
By weird I mean apps and phone stuff such as:
-In efile file browser, I can't rename, it says "sorry cannot rename, use another name",
-Every now and then I have a weird 3g issue were I can't toggle 3g at all....this may seem like not a problem, but it doesn't go of even when the phone goes to sleep, so that means data is "ALWAYS" on,
-In a word/office type app called kingsoft office I cannot backspace at all.
These are what I can think of off hand, but a reboot seems to fix it, except I'm having to reboot quite often, which it's also annoying. Sometimes reboot doesn't fix the issues or it fixes it only on a temp basis then reverts back.

Thinking about going back to FK23, unless someone has any fixes our ideas.

I used the OC no-data method.
I'm not using an sd card at all, I am using the internal sd instead.

That is some odd issues. I so far am not having any issues with this ROM. I can turn off and on both 3g and 4g without any problems, and hardly ever reboot.

Upvote 0
I have had no problems so far either. I have had touchwiz lock up on me twice, but that's only because I was running too much in the background. Guess I was benchmarking it... lol. I usually tweak my phone continuously, but I find no need with this so far. My 3g speeds are low, but I only have 1 to 3 bars where I live. I also had exceptional 4g speefs when i was in Houston last month. :D

Upvote 0
I been using GA10 from the 1st day it dropped and never had any issues either. I have a idea why others may be having issues. I think it's the way others use the preloaded folder. Different devs put different apps there. I use a format all script when I switch from rom to rom. A full wipe seems to give less errors to me.

Upvote 0
I been using GA10 from the 1st day it dropped and never had any issues either. I have a idea why others may be having issues. I think it's the way others use the preloaded folder. Different devs put different apps there. I use a format all script when I switch from rom to rom. A full wipe seems to give less errors to me.

I did the full restore install of FK23 and then on FL04 and GA10 did the no data install. I wouldn't recommend doing the no data install if coming to JB from ICS, but going from fk23 to FL04 or GA10 I have had no issues.

Reactions: AprilThe20th
Upvote 0
That is some odd issues. I so far am not having any issues with this ROM. I can turn off and on both 3g and 4g without any problems, and hardly ever reboot.

Yeah, I don't get it either. Reboot fixes it though, just annoying I have to even reboot. I came directly from fk23 to ga10, did the no data oc, not the fl04 like you did, so could be how I did it.

Can't see that as being an issue though, dunno

Upvote 0
which FK23 did you start with? I used the stock rooted one click full restore.

Well I used the OC Full wipe data root fk23.
I just tried back to fk23 no-data OC root and am getting a boot loop at the 4g screen on bootup.

So am I going to have to go back to the OC Full wipe data root fk23? hope not as I haven't backed up my apps recently.

I guess if I HAVE to then I have to, but I'de rather not at this point.

Upvote 0
That would be annoying to have to do a restore install, but atleast Google remembers any apps you bought on the play-store so you can download them again, and your contacts should be easy if you synced them with Google too.

My main question was if you went from a Deodexed FK23 rom (many of the custom ones are)to the one click Odexed GA10 with a no data install.

Upvote 0
No, I did the one from rwilco112 site, nothing de-odexed.

Only real difference was I did OC FK23 Full restore SPH-D710_FK23_549262_Rooted_Restore.exe

to

OC GA10 no-data
GA10_818252_Rooted_Nodata.exe

Both are rooted versions.

Other than that there is no difference.

Guess I'll give the Full wipe FK23 a shot and post back with results.

Update:
Sadly that worked, so since I'm already botched, I might as well give GA10 full wipe a shot :). I just gotta remember to make sure everything is backed up every time I get ready to put stuff on.
I've gotten kinda lax in the last few months, just have ta make a mental note is all.
I'm guessing GA10 will work now, and something went haywire when I went from fk23 to GA10.

Upvote 0
Was I the only one that had the no 3G issue with GA10?? FK23 is working 100% and I am not changing it back because it was a pain to do so numerous times while shooting youtube videos but I was just curious in case someone asks me.

Everything is working fine for me. 3g, 4g, and WiFi all work just fine.

Upvote 0
Was I the only one that had the no 3G issue with GA10?? FK23 is working 100% and I am not changing it back because it was a pain to do so numerous times while shooting youtube videos but I was just curious in case someone asks me.

Not sure what one you use to put on GA10 KV, but I did a no-data GA10 and seemed to have issue or glitches.
I am now on the full wipe GA10 rom, so I will let you know if things work or not.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones