• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

GA10 Comming soon (Hopefully)

Not sure what one you use to put on GA10 KV, but I did a no-data GA10 and seemed to have issue or glitches.
I am now on the full wipe GA10 rom, so I will let you know if things work or not.

Yeah, Let us know. I really like how GA10 works for me. I think you would enjoy it without having the problems you had before.

Upvote 0
I did the GA10 full wipe and had it since it came out and it works flawlessly, absolutely no problems and very fast and responsive (knock on wood). Network also seems to be a little quicker for both data and mms messages

Yeah that's exactly why I'm giving it another shot, only a different way this time. Doing full wipe this time. If it works its worth the wipe.
If it DOES work, I will be doing a full wipe as a practice from now on that's for sure.
I've done both ways, but it seems a couple of time out of the "MANY" times I have switched and installed roms the full wipe seems to go flawless as apposed to the upgrade as I call it (no data wipe).
As much of a pain as it is to do a full wipe and reset the phone back (not useing a recovery backup) it's worth it if it works better.

I'll post back in a day or so and give my results.

Upvote 0
First, Thanks for this thread!

I did the No_Data_Root (ota) style flash coming from AGAT_FI27 v0.6.8 via Odin one touch and so far so good. Everything is working fine. The only problems I have found is that you can't take screen shots by holding down the power button & Vol- buttons together, and it doesn't have a custom recovery built into it so I can't make a nandroid backup. Can I install CWM like qbking77 describes in his youtube vid, "How to Install Clockworkmod on the Samsung Epic 4G Touch - Latest" (How to Install Clockworkmod on the Samsung Epic 4G Touch - Latest - YouTube) or is there another way?

I tried the Rom Manager way through Playstore but when it finished flashing and I rebooted into recovery it gave this error..

E:failed to verify whole-file signature
E:signature verification failed

Is there something I missed, messed up, or can we not install?

Upvote 0
First, Thanks for this thread!

I did the No_Data_Root (ota) style flash coming from AGAT_FI27 v0.6.8 via Odin one touch and so far so good. Everything is working fine. The only problems I have found is that you can't take screen shots by holding down the power button & Vol- buttons together, and it doesn't have a custom recovery built into it so I can't make a nandroid backup. Can I install CWM like qbking77 describes in his youtube vid, "How to Install Clockworkmod on the Samsung Epic 4G Touch - Latest" (How to Install Clockworkmod on the Samsung Epic 4G Touch - Latest - YouTube) or is there another way?

I tried the Rom Manager way through Playstore but when it finished flashing and I rebooted into recovery it gave this error..

E:failed to verify whole-file signature
E:signature verification failed

Is there something I missed, messed up, or can we not install?

No it doesn't. Most stock type TW roms don't have a recovery of any sort.
You can use agats if you wish, just keep in mind you have to use the recovery you used to make it with to restore it, otherwise you get an md5 mismatch error, or the error you got, because it's not digitally signed by Samsung it freaks out.
The only recovery that works with TW roms it's agats, so cwm won't work except with cwm type roms.
To take a screenshot you now use power+ home buttons. It is tricky, but does work, do work with it.

Reactions: StudPapa
Upvote 0
No it doesn't. Most stock type TW roms don't have a recovery of any sort.
You can use agats if you wish, just keep in mind you have to use the recovery you used to make it with to restore it, otherwise you get an md5 mismatch error, or the error you got, because it's not digitally signed by Samsung it freaks out.
The only recovery that works with TW roms it's agats, so cwm won't work except with cwm type roms.
To take a screenshot you now use power+ home buttons. It is tricky, but does work, do work with it.

What Roms can AGAT flash other than TW? I'm new when it comes to Roms, I usually just stick with the stock root, but I wanted to be able to customize things that I can't on a stock rooted Rom. (Boot annimations, battery, signal, look/feel, under clocking/over clocking.. ect.)

Upvote 0
What Roms can AGAT flash other than TW? I'm new when it comes to Roms, I usually just stick with the stock root, but I wanted to be able to customize things that I can't on a stock rooted Rom. (Boot annimations, battery, signal, look/feel, under clocking/over clocking.. ect.)

You can flash a kernel for over clock and for boot animation (although you could also change the a different stock animation file like I did). Simple look and feel change can be done by a simple download of a launcher from the play store. Both ADW and Go launcher are popular launchers that can do themes. Keep in mind the kernel has to be compatible with the ROM you are running. Once source becomes available, I imagine we will see more struff for these JB ROMs

Reactions: StudPapa
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Cool thanks. I haven't kept up on it since I went stock TW root, just never needed to.
As for my first day of GA10 experience, so far things are a lot better, except my weird office glitch, where I cannot backspace for some reason. It just will not backspace, weird for sure.
Other than that everything it's blazing fast now. Always read people saying how fast this Rom was, I just never had the speed until this go round. It's like the phone is overclocked or anything, things are really snappy fast.
As for the office thing, if that's all that is the issue, I'll maybe have to research another office app.
To knoxville, if you haven't yet, try a full wipe install, that seems to be key, at least in my case.

Upvote 0
ok i actually found a flaw or maybe its a setting that i dont know so can someone help. ok i just noticed this, when im in a call and i get another call my current call everything gets muted, they cant hear me and vice versa, the only way to hear them again is to reject the call coming in. so can someone help please, i get calls constantly from work so i need this fixed.

Upvote 0
ok i actually found a flaw or maybe its a setting that i dont know so can someone help. ok i just noticed this, when im in a call and i get another call my current call everything gets muted, they cant hear me and vice versa, the only way to hear them again is to reject the call coming in. so can someone help please, i get calls constantly from work so i need this fixed.

That is a known bug. I posted a fix for it but forgot what thread it is in.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones