Ga10 rom is great but...Support

Last Updated:

1. jaman29

jaman29 Well-Known Member

I love the GA 10 rom and I apologize if this has already been asked....but I am only missing one thing. The GS3 scrolling animations for the TW launcher!!! I was really disappointed that this rom did not include that like inverted cube scrolling effect. Does anyone have a mod for this??? I have looked EVERYWHERE!!! Thanks guys:)

Advertisement
  2. Codegerm

Codegerm Well-Known Member

One question, if you are missing it, then you must have had it, and that would imply that you had a GS3. Why did you step back to the GS2? lol
    jaman29 likes this.
  3. jaman29

I never had the GS3. I had the Galaxy Rush and it also had the scrolling effect. I just really wish I could get it on the GS2. Then I would feel complete with this rom. I love it dont get me wrong, just really wish it had that scrolling effect:)
  4. jaman29

Also, does anyone know if there are other kernels we can use with the ga10 rom?
  5. SelfElevated2

SelfElevated2 Well-Known Member

There are 3 kernels that coul be used Lomb it but they are all the same. Same issue. Because we dont have source code its the m best wehave to use for now
    jaman29 likes this.
  6. jaman29

Ok well that's alright:) anyway to get the scrolling effect?
  7. SelfElevated2

Not on tw launcher. Adw or holo or apex launchers should all have that effect. If you really want it on tw then look for a tw launcher that Has it. Its only a apk lol
  8. jaman29

I just can't find it anywhere. I found and installed some system tweaks for ga10 that has my phone flying, but I can't find that apk for the launcher anywhere. I feel dumb. Haha
  9. AprilThe20th

AprilThe20th Well-Known Member

Yes there is a thread on XDA that has a mod to enable scrolling on TW launcher.
  10. jaman29

Yeah I don't want wallpaper scrolling. I want the inverted cube looking scroll effect that comes with the gs3 or other samsungs. I think its the tw nature launcher or something.
  11. AprilThe20th

Oh you have to edit the csc feature.xml file. Look for a line like this

[​IMG]

Its the tilt feature it will be true, just make it false. Save then reboot.
  12. jaman29

Thanks. Trying now:)
    AprilThe20th likes this.
  13. jaman29

That worked! Thanks:)
    AprilThe20th likes this.
  14. SelfElevated2

Aprilthe20th I don't know how you figured that out but good Damn job. I'm about to try as well

Oh and jaman29 it should be you using the thanks button when someone helps you not the person that helped u thanking you. Not being mean:rolleyes:
    Knoxville363 and AprilThe20th like this.
  15. AprilThe20th

There is a lot of features that can be added just by editing that file, also there is a lot of mods that can be made by editing xml files that you can only find by decompileing apks. My only problem is I still don't know how to use apk tools all that well so I can make mods and themes, also my pc sucks. I'm going to invest in better equipment so I can make me a Linux set up. I learned all this by reading countless sites and forums. I want to quit my job and be a dev/theme for android.
    SelfElevated2 likes this.
  16. jaman29

Yeah im using the app and I am sort of new to phandroid. Still trying to figure out how to use the thanks button.
  17. jaman29

How do I thank someone from the phandroid app? And I thank all of you for helping me:)
    AprilThe20th likes this.
  18. jaman29

Lol nevermind. I figured it out. I feel dumb. Haha
  19. greg schmeg

greg schmeg Guest

Im super lost. Can somebody explain what u guys accomplished exactly with changing that file?
  20. SelfElevated2

Gave stock tw the inverted cube effect on the home screens that comes stock on gs3
  21. greg schmeg

greg schmeg Guest

What is the inverted cube affect? Never seen or heard of this before.
  22. greg schmeg

greg schmeg Guest

Also how do u access.this file?
  23. SelfElevated2

Its just like a launcher animation when going through home screens. That you usually don't have on tw launcher
  24. jaman29

The tilt feature stopped working so I went into solidexplorer and now I cant even find the feature.xml feature anymore???? :(
  25. SelfElevated2

Gotta be there... Look harder. Go back and read the post April the 20th put telling u where to find it