• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Gain Root/S-OFF/ROM on HTC Inspire

ok i have s-off and everything now!!! :D Thanks to everyone for helping me out!!! Now if only I knew how to flash the latest RUU, lol. Do I just flash that just like i flashed the hboot, s-off,and downgrade zip?

awsome! glad you got it working :cool:

yes,just flash the upgrade just like you did the downgrade.

a recovery can be added,in the same manner. here are a couple recovery donwloads:
ext 4: PD98IMG_ace_recovery_ext_4.zip

clockwork: cwm-5.0.2.7-ace.zip

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
do i need to flash the new firmware? Why cant i just flash the new radios... where are they anyway?... I was wanting to use a custom ROM such as trickdroid or cm10
i would recomend the RUU. but youre welcome to try flashing just the radios and see if youre happy with the performance.

Thanks! :D

Will recovery be affected by the RUU?
yes,it will erase it. you can easily reinstall with the files i linked you above

Also, do I do the adb process or to i just go ahead and use the pd98img file?
wichever is most comfortable. i personally prefer the RUU from the PC(what i assume youre calling the adb method) method,since i do it frequetly and i find it cumbersome to tranfer files on and off the sd card. but the PD98IMG method from the sd is perfectly acceptable if you prefer it. :)

Reactions: jjohn7293
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones