GalaxHero v1.1 and Recovery v4.3 are out!

Last Updated:

1. buntoid

buntoid Well-Known Member

2. MichaelW

MichaelW Well-Known Member

Excellent! Downloading now...

Many thanks Drakaz, I will look at sending a donation later.
  3. pegasus21

pegasus21 Well-Known Member

Someone should inform him about the K1 kernel source.
  4. MichaelW

K1 kernel source??

Edit : ah I see the other thread now, anyone checked if an update is available with sephail's FUS downloader? I can't check from here.
  5. MichaelW

Posted this over on HDBlog too but I've just applied the new over the top of my existing GalaxHero 1.0 without doing a factory reset/wipe, then restored the g.apps, and everything is looking fine.

There's also no need to reflash the recovery just overwrite the RECTOOLS.tar.gz file with the new one.
  6. m4j3r

m4j3r Member

Is there any noticeable improvement compared to 1.0?
    1.0 was very slow on my device and after few mods posted on this forum is now working is it worth upgrading?
  7. MichaelW

I never had any performance issues with 1.0, you've not got compcache enabled have you? That does slow things down noticeably.

No huge changes in this, just some improvements/fixes. Changelog from the HDBlog thread...
  8. tisti

tisti Well-Known Member

Thanks drakaz. The Galaxy wouldn't be as awesome as it is without this rom. :D
  9. m4j3r

m4j3r Member

yeah, I did have compcache enabled :D
    Well...since it is so easy to upgrade, I will give it a try.
    Keep up the good work, Drakaz
  10. MichaelW

11. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Well-Known Member

just the or did you do gapps aswell as mine has been booting for 25mins now but it doesnt look like a loop

i think you were lucky as now my phone is borked and ill have to start again from the beginning :(

EDIT: Fixed, i had to restore gapps as well as apply not just
  12. Andronix

Andronix Well-Known Member

has the compcache been fixed on 1.1?
  13. UKLooney

UKLooney Well-Known Member

14. MichaelW

Yes I did restore the g.apps again too, I wasn't sure if that would be needed sorry, should have posted.
  15. MichaelW

I've been playing around with compcache enabled today and it seems faster than 1.0 was.
  16. Rastaman-FB

you should always make sure you give advice based on EXACTLY what you did as otherwise it results in further problems like i experienced, lucky for me i a bit more versed in sorting problems with galaxy but alot of users would panic and start messing up other things
  17. MichaelW

Well as I stated I was installing over the top of an existing GalaxHero 1.0, surely those people would be well aware ;)
  18. Rastaman-FB

indeed, but you said "i just applied"
    so i did just that, i ended up in android screen for almost an hour.
    because you said "it worked" i didnt think i needed to apply gapps as it was already on from the previous install.

i had to pull the battery, boot back into recovery, re apply update, apply gapps and then it worked

its good to be specific in what you did
  19. tisti

tisti Well-Known Member

I did the same mistake as Rastaman-FB. No harm done though, only needed to reboot back into recovery and reapply :p
  20. Gizmo306

Gizmo306 Active Member

I just done it (GalaxHERO1.1) over Galaxo1.0, no wipe. and it working smooth, every thing i know still there. just need to reinstall CIME & remove something I don't need.:eek:

I would say one thing is must have,:D
    - Home app is now locked in memory to avoid reloading of it
    Like keeping the OS/UI standby for my input all the time, not me waiting for it.

one question:
    did anyone know where can I find this option,:confused:
    - Add an option on AdvancedLauncher to activate/deactivate haptic
  21. i32547

i32547 Active Member

rastaman... please can you give me a step by step guide... i done the galaxo before with the help of kam,, but hes no longer here,,is he?.. remember i had problems on my laptop? and i had to borrow a friends.. well i have to borrow his llaptop again, or can i do it on a mac? im currently runnin the original galaxhero... i remember doin the flash ting in command prompt..then doin rest on the phone in different mode.. doin back ups, then update or sumthin like that,,then restores... pleade sort out a step by step please
  22. Rastaman-FB

KAM is still about i think

eitherway as you already have galax0 1.0 all i did was
    1 put the new on the phone mass storage
    2 replace the old rectools with the new one from the v4.3 recovery
    3 download the system img from the htc site calling it and put it onto the mass storage
    4 check that II5.tar is still on the phone mass storage
    5 boot into recovery and notice its now showing 4.3
    6 do a nandroid backup
    7 apply
    8 restore gapps
    9 Restore LibHGL
    10 reboot

i didnt need to use any ADB commands or Fastboot
    this worked for me in exactly this order however if it doesnt you maybe required to borrow someones machine
    personally i would recommend doing it when near a windows pc just incase something does go drastically wrong you can flash it with odin

i think it will be just fine though
  23. screaminbug

screaminbug Well-Known Member

Can anyone please upload google apps backup. I'd be very grateful. I've messed things up, and now I can't restore them. Haven't been very careful and forgot to put new rectools, so the update wasn't succesful. I had to wipe. Now I get this when I try to restore g.apps:
    -- Restore Google apps
    -- Press HOME to confirm, or
    -- any other key to abort..
    -- Restore started...
    .Erreurs : le fichier de mise
  24. Rastaman-FB

25. MichaelW

Press menu button on any home screen
    Select more
    Select extended