Galaxo 1.6.3.3 is out(tetherwifi)

Last Updated:

1. lzblovestephy

lzblovestephy Member This Topic's Starter

New version for Galaxo : 1.6.3.3 ! What

Advertisement
  2. Andronix

Andronix Well-Known Member

great job drakaz, now take a rest untill froyo sources :)

3. dryhte

dryhte Well-Known Member

I wish he'd work on GAOSP instead :(

4. mvnjpy

mvnjpy Well-Known Member

great, flashing again! =)

5. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Well-Known Member

6. cbfatw

cbfatw Member

hugh thanks to drakaz
    Galaxo_V1.6.3.3_PATCH_from_1.6.3.2.zip also worked on my Galaxo 1.6.3.1.
    I could use wireless tether as AP, and share to other WIFI devices on my i7500 now.

the only thing not worked yet in Galaxy is Bluetooth.
    go go drakaz.

7. mikeluck1981

mikeluck1981 Guest

Why is Drakaz still playing with 1.6 Galaxo when we now have all we need to complete GAOSP 2.1 and then Galaxo 2.1?

8. crixalis

crixalis Active Member

after update with 1.6.3.3 my gps stop working

9. Andronix

we have almost all we need, we just need sources for camera, gpu, bluetooth and what not modules...

10. Hark

Hark Well-Known Member

I'm on 1.6.3 and want to upgrade to get the sound & no sleep bug fixes- as well as tether wifi. However I've never been able to work out how to upgrade without loosing my settings and installed programs. I know there's guides out there saying to using Nandroid Backup or Titanium or something, but I haven't found anything clear that explains what to do and I don't really want to start from scratch all over again. Can someone point to a simple "how to backup & upgrade" guide or explain the steps to me please.

11. Snazzy

Snazzy Well-Known Member

It seems a bother but starting from scratch gives you a phone like the one you bought home from the store. Fast!

Installing applications again does not take more than a couple hours while watching TV and you only get those applications you really need, an excellent opportunity to dump little used and potentially phone slowing programs. Remember your audio, video and pictures will remain intact.

If your phone is slow or battery draining then a wipe is a good solution and only install a few programs at a time so you identify the bad applications.

12. mvnjpy

mvnjpy Well-Known Member

you can't. I think this has been stated somewhere already.

Some applications store settings on the sd card, so you won't lose those settings, but there is no way to upgrade while keeping all your installed programs. You will have to re-install and reconfigure.

13. dryhte

dryhte Well-Known Member

Corrected that for you ;)

14. Hark

Hark Well-Known Member

@Snazzy: Hahahaha. The phone I brought home from the store was far from "fast", it's only Galaxo that's made it even half-way usable. I'm dumping this when the first Froyo devices come out or jumping ship to an iPhone unless there's a real breakthru in the next month with getting 2.X working on this.

Thanks for the replies, in a way I'd rather know it's impossible than that I was missing an obvious way of doing things. Just a pain to loose SMS messages and scores in games each time; how can I at least back them up and restore them? I'm sure that's possible even if I have to accept re-installing my apps. It would be nice to restore my folders (for the launcher) but I can live with that; well I can live with it all, but be nice to not have to loose too much.

15. koy

koy Active Member

Maybe if you used google/market search to do a minimal amount of research, you'd get more out of your device.

There are tons of application backup and sms backup programs in the market for example. MyBackup will even backup settings and call logs.

16. Hark

Hark Well-Known Member

One of the great things about Android are all the available programs, but at the same time it's sometimes overwhelming and forums like this one are (usually) great places to get advice from fellow users of the same phone/firmwares. I just wanted some advice, I have searched but there are so many options out there I didn't know what to pick and hoped someone could recommend one program without being snide about it. But i'll take the recommendation nonetheless, thanks. I've also (searching for myself!!) downloaded AppManager which I hope will make the restore process for my Apps a little simpler as well.

17. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Well-Known Member

try this
    do a nandroid backup so if it messes up you can restore it.
    fix package permission, check filesystem
    apply 1.6.3.2 update.zip without wiping
    apply gapps
    boot and see if it goes in, if it does reboot back to recovery apply the 1.6.3.2-1.6.3.3 patch via install any zip from sd
    should work i think

18. Andronix

you can upgrade to 1.6.3.3 from 1.6.3.1 without wipe, just use small patch from recovery.

or what rasta said

19. mikeluck1981

mikeluck1981 Guest

Will we ever get these? ie do we have these for 1.5?

20. Hark

Hark Well-Known Member

In the end I just downloaded Galaxo 1.6.3.3, renamed it to upgrade.zip, replaced the 1.6.3 file that was on my system, and applied the upgrade and it worked fine. All my apps are in place and i'm running the new version of Galaxo. No patch file or anything.

21. weasel

weasel Well-Known Member

Too bad they couldn't "fix" the camera and the bluetooth the same way they fixed the tetherwifi...

22. MichaelW

MichaelW Well-Known Member

What's wrong with the Camera and Bluetooth? Mine are both working fine.

23. Hark

Hark Well-Known Member

He meant in GAOSP, they are two of the main areas holding a lot of people back from jumping to it. Camera for me, I've never used BT in my life.

24. weasel

weasel Well-Known Member

Exactly what I was talking about. For me BT is mandatory. Hands free cell use is now law where I am.

25. carthesis

carthesis Well-Known Member

Quick question - does anyone know of a version of the HTC_IME.apk that will actually WORK on Galaxo/Donut?

I've tried a couple of versions that I've found online that claim to, but not of them actually do. I find this vexing.

Any ideas?