Galaxo Cupcake and Firmware version

Last Updated:

1. davyu

davyu Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi guys,

I've installed galaxo (galaxhero to be precise) for quite a while now and it's been awesome. Only thing is, my Chinese ID3 tags come out as gibberish, I think it's 'cause of the II5 firmware. I've read threads about flashing to II5 before installed galaxo, but since updated versions have been coming out, I just wanted to find out.

Is galaxo strictly only for II5? Meaning it isn't backward NOR forward compatible? My gibberish ID3 tags are really bugging me, thanks!

Advertisement
  2. damuffinman

damuffinman Well-Known Member

Gibberish ID tags started since the I firmware, every subsequent firmware after that release has not fixed on. I've tried it on I, K, L and now I'm on JB2 and it's still gibberish

3. davyu

Yea I know, but if I actually use the Taiwan/HK baseband firmware, it should work. Since I can see the tags fine on those firmwares.

4. damuffinman

damuffinman Well-Known Member

True, but Galaxo has lots of good stuff that I don't think I'd want to live without. I can live with not knowing which Chinese song I'm choosing to play though...the element of mystery is nice ;)

5. davyu

My point precisely. So I'm wondering if I can use a different base firmware other than the european II5 and get galaxo to work while PRESERVING Chinese ID3 tags readability. Funnily enough, they don't exactly come out as gibberish, but instead, Korean (which is equally meaningless to me, no offense).

Mind you, GAOSP displays the tags fine though.