Galaxy 1.6 or Stock NoWiz

Last Updated:

1. BigBadBeta

BigBadBeta Active Member This Topic's Starter

What do you people prefer and why? More then one simple reason please. I find it hard deciding to go with the galaxy or Stock :(
    And dont use Vibration as a reason please.

Advertisement
  2. oquinones

oquinones Active Member

Speed is the major issue for me. I just switched from Warheads to Galaxy R10 and the speed between the 2 is noticeably faster. Also when I was on Warheads, the phone seemed a little laggy when getting on and off phone calls.

3. bionicgrape

bionicgrape Well-Known Member

I had the best overall performance on Galaxy R7. R8 was pretty bad for me, so I didn't bother with R9. So far, WarHeads has been lightning fast, decent battery life (still nowhere near R7 though), and provided the best functionality and aesthetics, so I'm sticking with it for now. I'm considering switching to R10, but once Take5 comes out, I'll probably just switch to that anyway. Also, a question I asked about the internet speed hack in R10 has still gone unanswered, and I need a reliable data connection. It's all personal preference, but if vibrate is meaningless for you, and you don't mind occasional problems with your data connection, then R10 could be the way to go for you. Also, the No Twiz branch of roms are far from stock ;)

4. spiz

spiz Well-Known Member

The overall consensus is that Galaxy is much faster because it's a very stripped down, vanilla version of Android. Everything just runs smoother and more stable on Galaxy.

The benefits of course to having the BH2 Stock 1.6 NoTwiz is of course vibrate and the camera software. That's about it. Even though it says "No Touchwiz," there are still remnants of it (i.e. the notification bar) visible that in my opinion just slow everything down.

If you want speed and reliability, go with Galaxy.

5. psz

psz Well-Known Member

I've used Stock, R7, R8, No-Twiz (original), and am currently on No-TWiz (Warheads)

Stock was, well, stock. It's the 1.6 that "should" have been on the Behold 2 when it was first released last year. Downsides: Slower than all the rest. Upsides: EVERYTHING works. Very solid, never had an FC or an FC/Wait, etc etc. It really is how the phone should have been upgraded to 1.6 in the first place.

R7/R8: Upsides: VERY fast. VERY good battery. Clean interface. Stock Android UI for things like WiFi. Downsides: No Samsung Camera app, no Vibrate. One or two issues that were probably fixed in R9 and R10

No-Twiz (Original): Upsides: Faster than stock, better battery than stock, most of the TWiz interface without all the crap associated with it (WOO! No Cube!). Downside: FCs from time to time, but not often.

No-Twiz (Warheads): Upsides: Everything from No-Twiz, but with the added bonus of a better default Home (IMO, others have had issues with it). I've yet to have a true FC (I've had a few Waits). Downsides: Battery not quite as good as No-TWiz (Original) or Galaxy ROM.