Galaxy 3 frozen at bootlogoSupport

Last Updated:

1. emph

emph New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello all,

I just got my galaxy 3(GT-I5800) yesterday, was happy to see that there was an update available etc. upgraded to latest version today rebooted and system came up and all was working well, went to android market to download the twitter client and it froze during install, I waited for it for some time nothing happened, so held the power button down for reboot, now it starts up and only the logo [GT-I5800] in white with a black background is showing.. nothing is happening so i googled how to reset the phone found that i could access the hidden menu by holding vol +- in + home button. This gives me access to the recovery menu, and when i choose the factory reset nothing happends.. done this atleast 3-4 times same result over and over again stuck at loading screen... any suggestions exept returning the phone?

Advertisement
  2. Beerkan

Beerkan Well-Known Member

Does the Recovery Screen allow you to format anything? If yes, then format it.

Try removing the SD card and SIM and reboot.

If all that fails... send it back and get the GT5700, it's a better phone.

3. emph

Hey Beerkan, thanks for replying.

Yes in the recovery menu you have the choice to format, and I have done it more than once, and it hangs.. sd crd and Sim crd removed too. I just want my phone to work :)

4. Beerkan

Beerkan Well-Known Member

OK, If I were you, I'd flash a new firmware. I would suggest you follow my root gudie, however, as your phone is a 5800, you need different files.

You need a 5800 Firmware and a 5800.ops file specific to the 5800.

Get the latest Euro firmware here.

5800 Firmwares

As for the correct .ops file, you'll have to hunt that down.

Check out my root guide for how to flash, but DO NOT USE the 5700 firmwares or the Spica_ops file.

Update..

I found a 5800 Ops file.
    Get it here.

5800.ops file

Follow my root guide replacing the files with the above.

P.S. Join this forum for 5800 users.

I5800 Users

emph likes this.
  5. emph

Hey again Beerkan, great help android back up and running!! thanks a bunch for saving me the trouble of being without a phone for awhile!!

:)

6. soni.jd

soni.jd Active Member

Hi,

Need your help urgently......real urgent....

I had rooted my phone (samsung galaxy 3) to run live wallpaper, somehow that did not happen, i tried to root the phone again but now it is stuk on the Android System Recovery screen, giving me option to reboot the system / apply sdcard:update.zip....etc etc..
    iv'e rebooted the phone multiple times...it is not starting ....please please please help me......

7. sekhargreen

sekhargreen New Member

Use ODIN multidownloader