• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy 5 Shut Down & Won't Power Up

NMBowtie

Lurker
Sep 12, 2011
I got a Samsung Galaxy 5 today and started it up. It worked fine at first, but after I initially connected it to the computer and started keis, it said it was connected and I had the option of transferring files. Things seemed to work fine until I disconnected, then the phone started locking up once it was not in use. I tried removing the battery (as suggested here) and that worked the first time, now it seems to be totally dead. I cannot get it to power up regardless of how I try (removed battery and let it sit a while, plugged into wall charger, plugged into computer, nothing).

Is there anything to do to get this phone to power up? I have not downloaded any apps yet or done any other upgrades. HELP!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones