• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy Ace 2 and Link2SD - sudden issue overnight

Thanks Smokey.

As I said before, I am a complete novice when it comes to doing all this so please accept my apologies.

I have followed the link you provided.

I now have a FAT32 partition which is set to 5GB and an EXT2 partition set to 2GB.

Is this correct? - both are marked as Primary.

I did all of the operations, pushed Apply and Mini Tool said completed successfully.

I put the card back in my phone and selected EXT2. Link2SD said "Failed to mount". I then tried to select FAT32.

This did not work either. What am I doing wrong, and should both partitions be set to FAT32?

Which partition should all of my apps and media files be copied back to?

Please advise - once again, please accept my sincerest apologies as I am totally new to doing all this with a smartphone so I am still learning.

Thanks again.

Regards,

happy37

Upvote 0
Hi Smokey,

Good morning.

Thanks for this new set of advice - much appreciated.

I am going to follow the Incpak link instructions with a brand new 16GB SD card when I get a chance.

I have some more questions as I am still learning.

1. Which CWM model/variant are you talking about and where do I get this from please?

2. I had saved all my data from the 8GB SD card onto my PC so all that is safe. What I don't have is all the other data from the other partition - app files, library files and dalvik cache files etc that Link2SD wants and requires.

If and when I copy this data back onto one of the new partitions on my brand new 16GB SD card, I might still get the "found no files to link" message in Link2SD as the actual files are not physically there on the card. I think this is correct?

Would it then be advised just to download all the apps again from the Play Store and just re-install?

3. I am confused as to which partition the apps should be installed on? Which partition should I copy all my saved data back onto? The FAT32 Windows one, or the ext2 one (which Windows cannot read anyway?)

Once I can work out with your advice which partition my saved data should be copied back to, then I think that all this should work?

Please understand that you cannot save important apps in the 2nd partition. Specially the apps that are vital for your phone working needs.

I have already kept the important apps such as Link2SD, SuperSU and Superuser internally as these are on the phone. Link2SD shows these as being "on internal applications"

If I can follow the tutorial again from the Incpak link (which I have printed now), and it does not work for the 8GB SD card, I think that this SD card must have snuffed it. In which case, I will have to try the new 16GB one instead.

What do you think Smokey?

Please advise.

I look forward to your response.

Thanks very much for all your patience so far - much appreciated.

Regards,

happy37

Upvote 0
Hi again,

Have downloaded CWM and saved in the root of the SD card.

Have formatted the card from scratch and put it back in.

Have a 5GB FAT32 partition and a 2GB EXT2 one.

The phone does not pick up or read the CWM.zip file when I try to reboot in recovery mode. Any ideas why or what I am doing wrong?

Thanks.

Upvote 0
Hi again,

Have downloaded CWM and saved in the root of the SD card.

Have formatted the card from scratch and put it back in.

Have a 5GB FAT32 partition and a 2GB EXT2 one.

The phone does not pick up or read the CWM.zip file when I try to reboot in recovery mode. Any ideas why or what I am doing wrong?

Thanks.

You are not making any sense.

1- you downloaded cwm and saved where?
2- you formatted the card from scratch and put it back in...
:what: What? So how come you still have the extension???
3- the phone does not pick up or read the CWM zip...
:thinking: I wonder why ??? lol

Read this carefully because I am not writing it again:

1. Download the zip file and place it in your external sd card.
2. Reboot your phone in recovery mode. (Volume Up + Power + Home Button)
3. Select install update from external storage.
4. Select the CWM.zip file.
5. Job done.

Now if you are unable to understand that ?!
Than I'm sorry but is time for you to give up.

This is not for you.

To learn you need to read first.
And attempting to execute it only once you think you understand what you are doing.

If you fail ?! Than you need to retrace your steps to find out where you gone wrong.

That is called:
Fail safe troubleshooting.

Reactions: xenoblade
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones