• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Ace battery draining too fast?

fomegomez

Lurker
Jan 12, 2012
So my phone was charged to 100, recieved a message on facebook and sent one back, and this is what I get:
yVWcu.png

Battery is draining WAY too fast, I know what you are going to say that wifi or 3g consumes alot of battery, but I dont think this is ok just for browsing my facebook a bit. I dont know if its the OS (2.3.4). Also, screen is way too bright at its minimum, is there any way to reduce this? I bet it also drains lots of batter. Help please?

I agree on the brightness issue.

Basically I have my brightness set to 0.

I noticed however the phone still dims after some idle time before turning the screen off, meaning its possible to go darker more than can set in the settings, that is what the OP meant.

1350mah isnt great but I think a lot of it is down to the android OS been bad on battery, eg. my nokia only has a 800mah battery and lasts way longer.

Upvote 0
So my phone was charged to 100, recieved a message on facebook and sent one back, and this is what I get:
yVWcu.png

Battery is draining WAY too fast, I know what you are going to say that wifi or 3g consumes alot of battery, but I dont think this is ok just for browsing my facebook a bit. I dont know if its the OS (2.3.4). Also, screen is way too bright at its minimum, is there any way to reduce this? I bet it also drains lots of batter. Help please?

I'd advise you to upgrade to 2.3.6, turn of all window animations and switch off wifi and gps when you're not using it and decrease brightness to the very minimum too. And also don't use live wallpapers just use a black wallpaper or no wallpaper at all. With all these settings, my phone lasts for about one and a half to two days in the stock rom.
If 2.3.6 isn't available in ur country or kies can't find the update you can download the firmware for here: http://www.sammobile.com/firmware/?page=3&t=1&o=1&m=GT-S5830&r=-1#modelsa
You can flash the firmware via Odin. A complete guide on flashing firmware using odin is given here:

Here's a little guide on how to flash a ROM via ODIN by me:

Requirements:

- A Windows computer
- A Galaxy Ace plugged into the computer via USB
- You must have ODIN installed , duh !
- (Windows Vista/7 compulsory) Running ODIN with Administrative rights:

- Ended KIES via Task manager:

Instructions:

1 - Download your favourite firmware here

2 - Extract the .rar out using WinRAR or 7zip (password is samfirmware.com)

3 - Check if it's a FULL package or ONE package:

FULL Package instructions:

1 - Open up ODIN (MAKE SURE ALL REQUIREMENTS ARE MET)

2 - Set your phone in Download Mode (Home + Power + Volume Down)

3 - Once you have correctly entered Download Mode and plugged in , this should appear in ODIN:

4 - Place the files in this order:

OPS - Select the file named Cooper_v1.0.ops (or anything like that)

BOOT - Select the file named "APBOOT_S5830xxxxx_CL514579_REV03_user_low_true.ta r.md5"
where "xxxxx" = Your firmware version

Phone - Select the file named "CODE_S5830xxxxx_CL514579_REV03_user_low_true.tar. md5"
where xxxxx = firmware version

PDA - DO NOT PLACE ANYTHING

CSC - Select the file named "GT-S5830-MULTI-CSC-xxxxxx.tar.md5"
where "xxxxxx" = the CSC region

EFS - Select the file named "MODEM_S5830xxxxx_CL514579_REV03.tar.md5"
xxxxx = firmware version (Be VERYVERY careful with this EFS part)

After you're done , click on "Start" and let the magic reveal itself slowly......

ONE Package method:

1 - Open up ODIN

2 - Set your phone in Download Mode while plugged into USB

3 - Tick the option "One Package" in ODIN (Refer to previous ODIN picture)

4 - Select the only .tar.md5 file

Now press start and watch the magic.....
Source:http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1225493

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones