GALAXY ACE MemorySupport

1. jiya11

jiya11 Member

hey there! i have an galaxy ace. how can i install apps directly on SD card, coz i hav low internal storage.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Stigy

Stigy Some say... VIP Member

Hi jiya and welcome to AF!

Do you have an original Galaxy Ace or a newer version (Ace 2 or Ace Plus)? When you let us know I will move your thread to the appropriate section where you will definitely get more help for your query.

I am going to take a guess and suggest you may need to root your phone to install applications to the SD card though.
  3. jiya11

jiya11 Member

i have original one :)
  4. Hey jiya11

You need to root your android phone for installing mobile apps directly on your memory card.
    The other option you have to move the apps dat to your memory card and free a nice amount of phone's internal memory. For this
    Go to settings and then manage applications, the device will show you list of all the apps installed on your phone. Select some app and click move to SD card and clear cache memory. Perform the same action for every app and you will see a nice amount of free space on your mobile phone.
  5. jiya11

jiya11 Member

awww thankx :)
  6. Marcha

Marcha Well-Known Member

Please note that without rooting a lot of apps can't be moved to the SD-card! You'll still have to be aware of very poor internal storage of the phone.
  7. jiya11

jiya11 Member

how can i root it? and will rooting remove all the data?
  8. jiya11

jiya11 Member

@daniel jones i have checked it, but it does not give any option of selecting n moving apps to memory card . :(
  9. Stigy

Stigy Some say... VIP Member

Check this forum on how to root and some more information about rooting in general. Let us know if you have any more questions or want this thread moved to that section.

Ace - All Things Root - Android Forums
  10. gogora

gogora New Member

hi there, i have the same problem with my ace and i have one question is there any way move apps to SD card w h i t h o u t rooting??
  11. ayush29k

ayush29k Well-Known Member

its there in the sticky threads...
  12. jiya11

jiya11 Member

hey there help me out :(
  13. ayush29k

ayush29k Well-Known Member

You have been asking for help for so long and people have been giving you links and directions, have you even looked at any of them?
    We can't do everything for you, you will have to search some yourself and read a lot. All ace users have the memory problem, and there are more than enough methods and discussions already posted here, just read through some of them and you will get a solution.
    If you have problems executing a method or trouble understanding it, you can always ask us, but the first effort will have to be yours.
  14. jiya11

jiya11 Member

thnkx guyz, that realy hlpd me, but i hv anothr issu, i hv moved all my apps on SD, but still it says tht i hv low internl storge, hw can i fix it?
  15. jiya11

jiya11 Member

i got 180 MB intrnl storage, n free space is 11 MB, i thnk this space is enuf to get a text message, but it doesnt, untill i remove data from my cell :(