• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

galaxy ace not recognising orange sim

mollymurphy

Lurker
Oct 12, 2014
My partner put his ace in the washing machine. Although he could still make calls & texts, the screen was ruined & the camera wouldn't work. So I bought him another one from ebay.
I charged it & set it back to factory settings. When I tried to use it, it was saying there wasn't a sim inserted. So I took it to a phone shop & asked if it was blocked/locked & it wasn't. The man put his Three sim & an EE sim in it & it worked fine.
So I came home to try & again but no joy.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance :)

Welcome to Android Forums.

I moved your thread to the forum dedicated to discussing your phone.

I assume the SIM card was in the first phone and it went through the washing machine also. I would go to the carrier and get a replacement.

(A note ... the absolute worst thing you can do to a phone that has been submerged is to turn it on. That is the instant that much of the damage starts. It should be dried for at least three days before trying.)

... Thom

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones