1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Galaxy Ace owners, please look here first! Great tips!!Tips

1. bala1982

bala1982 Member

If you use juice defender you battery can last up to 2 days :D

I am using free apps but paid one offers more features.:cool:
    TripleTap079 likes this.
  2. ayushgupta

ayushgupta New Member

Thanks for these tips. Ya battery is not that impressive.
  3. LKL

LKL New Member

I have just got an Ace as a present and have a couple of questions.
    1) cannot get it to link to home computer and it keeps saying turn off USB storage. The comp knows it is connected as it will do a virus check on it so the USB cable is fine - please help.
    2) need a calendar that allows the frequency of events to include things like fortnightly, every other month, every three months etc, does anyone know of one that allows this?

Also and tips greatly appreciated.
  4. PJ147

PJ147 Well-Known Member

HI,

1) Try reinstalling the drivers Via Kies.

2) I use the stock calender which I have things set for repeated entrys. In the calender settings make sure its using the Google account one and not the one on the phone
    rajmohamed likes this.
  5. LKL

LKL New Member

What do you mean about stock calendar? If its the one on the phone the frequency of repeated entries are not varied enough for me. Need one that can Do fortnightly, every other month etc.

Issue with connecting to comp sorted - it was clashing with Nokia software.

6. Sunnythunder

Sunnythunder Member

If your Ace is running on Froyo then take it to the Samsung customer care and they will update the software with Gingerbread for free and your warranty will also not be void, and above all the battery life will increase.
  7. PJ147

PJ147 Well-Known Member

or just go to settings and perform update OTA.
  8. PJ147

PJ147 Well-Known Member

Using Kies to update does not invalidate warranty. Its the official route to update your handset.
  9. abinash040

abinash040 New Member

hye i want to set weather information of Pune in my ace but it says no loaction found . please help me . I am using IDEA.
  10. Darkwizard999

Darkwizard999 Member

get yourself playerpro or poweramp.
    If you want to use factory music player then keep your phone in silent.
    Hope this helps.
  11. PJ147

PJ147 Well-Known Member

Create folder called media on sdcard. in that create another one called audio then in that another one called notifications and another called ringtones. Place files in the proper folder and then reboot. Once media scanner has run you'll be able to select them from the sounds menu in settings.
  12. TheMrPatrick

TheMrPatrick Member

It cant have gorilla glass. It sounds like plastic when tapping in the middle of the screen and already there is a very small scratch on my screen. I barely have the thing 24 hours, let alone that I really have done anything with it. And the galaxy ace is nowhere to be found on the gorilla glass website.
  13. PJ147

PJ147 Well-Known Member

http://m.corninggorillaglass.com/smartphone/ will show you it does. Also look on YouTube for galaxy ace gorilla glass test and watch as a key and knife fail to scratch screen. If yours is scratched get it swapped ......
    mummymcgregor likes this.
  14. PJ147

PJ147 Well-Known Member

Actually the mobile site doesn't have it on but if you look for a thread called does galaxy ace have gorilla glass you'll find info and correct link.
  15. dodotgagoz

dodotgagoz New Member

can you download apps in adroid market even if you have a custom rom?
  16. PJ147

PJ147 Well-Known Member

Market works fine :)
  17. iLoveGagging

iLoveGagging New Member

HELP!! How do I save my phone?! I kinda used ROM manager. And well, I coudn't turn it on now. NEED HELP!!
  18. PJ147

PJ147 Well-Known Member

see PM.
  19. GrahamF

GrahamF Well-Known Member

LOL!! you just can't help yourself can you PJ!! Saving all these poor souls who b*gger their phones!! Graham :)
  20. PJ147

PJ147 Well-Known Member

Very true!! How you keeping?
  21. EmoBoiix3

EmoBoiix3 Active Member

You're probably screwed .
  22. iLoveGagging

iLoveGagging New Member

Nah, No worries. I'm not that worried anyway. HAHA. Warranty still on! *Success Baby*
  23. PJ147

PJ147 Well-Known Member

24. Mohy786

Mohy786 Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I got a ace on gingerbread 2.3.6, i dont get the fully charged notification anymore (i got it only when it was first charged) i get the notification after i unplugg the charger it says Battery full charged, please unplug charger; but ive already unplugged it??, theres a lag on it now (is this becuase of free mem space of anything)???, it freezes and restarts sometimes???
  25. PJ147

PJ147 Well-Known Member

This sounds like my phone when I had 2.3.6. I think its bugs in the actual firmware. For me the 2.3.3 was better. Although its been a while as I have been playing round with Custom ROMS for ages now.