Galaxy and headphonesSupport

1. Kouske

Kouske Well-Known Member

The problem is as follows:
    When I plug my headphones (just random headphones) into the device it uses them as headphones AND as a microphone which causes the microphone on the device to not function. This is very annoying since every time someone calls me when I'm listening to music I have to unplug the headphones so the caller can hear me. Is there any solution to this?

Advertisement
  2. Andronix

Andronix Well-Known Member

3. Kouske

Kouske Well-Known Member

heh, this means there's no way to work things around with a normal headset (I mean without using the samsung thing)?
  4. mrqs

mrqs Well-Known Member

as it is i usually end up playing my music loud through the phone's speaker in a quiet train, which can be quite embarrassing, hence i'm thinking of getting something like this myself

[​IMG]
  5. Kouske

Kouske Well-Known Member

Where can you find such a magnificent device if I might ask? :)
  6. mrqs

mrqs Well-Known Member

7. Kouske

Kouske Well-Known Member

Cool thanks.
    Actually when I think about it, I got the same thing with my device - only with samsung headphones already plugged in.
  8. benner

benner Well-Known Member

i have tried 5 or 6 different sets of headphones in my galaxy. some work fine and others i can only hear from one side. they work fine on other devices. does anyone else have a fickle headphone jack?
  9. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Well-Known Member

i think the jack clips are not very strong so if there is an undersized jack it remains loose
    my sony earbuds are perfect where as my sons senhieser hd210's are loose as hell
  10. Rastaman-FB

11. Kouske

Kouske Well-Known Member

Yep. I think I even got one of these with the phone itself. Too bad it can't recognize normal earphones and just use it's own mic for talking. :(
  12. Rastaman-FB

?

that states you can use your own and thats why the hs jack is detachable.
    the ones that come with the galaxy is 1 whole piece
  13. Kouske

Kouske Well-Known Member

I think the ones that I got are 2 piece. But it's still annoying that you can't just use normal headphones + device mic.
  14. Rastaman-FB

true but i generally laugh at people that use handsfree kits and hold the phone up to their face. it defeats the object
    so if you can use your own headphones and have a mic then its a win situation
  15. mrqs

mrqs Well-Known Member

i'd say it's a win situation when i don't have to pay for a device i wouldn't need if the phone worked properly
    the only time i use headphones is in a train, to listen to music and i certainly don't need my hands free for anything in there (if i'm using my laptop, i'm also listening to music from the laptop)

anyway, shouldn't it be possible to enable the phone-mic with an app even when a headset is detected?
  16. angeamon

angeamon Well-Known Member

hey,
    i use Philips earphones with my galaxy.
    There's this prob i face, when i receive a call while listening to music, i have to remove the headphones to answer the phone.

Does anyone else face this prob ?

I have faced this prob with the following firmware : II5, IK4 n GalaxoHero Rom

am now using the JC4 firmware. Does this prob still persist here also ?
  17. KlaymenDK

KlaymenDK Well-Known Member

That's exactly the problem being discussed, and the root cause is that inserting any kind of headset disables the internal microphone in favour of the one (not! :rolleyes:) present in the headset.

The only solutions, regardless of firmware, are to either disconnect the headset, or to use a go-between cord with a cable mic. :eek:
  18. angeamon

angeamon Well-Known Member

didnt mean to post in two threads !! :eek:

I just got a bit impatient when i didn't receive any reply to my post :p

Thanks for the info .
  19. gelu88

gelu88 Member

I don't want to start a new thread so i'll ask here.

my samsung headphones just broke, such that sound only comes in through one ear, if i fiddle with the cable around the mic it works better, which means its a loose cable which in my experience is pretty hard to fix.

SO, will any 3.5mm headset work? does the button on every headset make the phone behave the same way? the button is actually the main reason i'm looking for a headset and not using normal headphones.
  20. Frojd

Frojd Well-Known Member

Headsets designed for Iphone will not work. Headsets designed f
  21. KlaymenDK

KlaymenDK Well-Known Member

22. FadeFx

FadeFx Well-Known Member

if you buy headphones look for slim jacks, (i mean the plastic part) i have expirienced problems with my old headphones from akg which had a bigger jack and did not fit into the socket, so i had to change them against my girlfriends also akg that have a slim jack and work perfect.
  23. Rastaman-FB

well i finally got these from here
    EMARTBUY GENUINE SAMSUNG BLACK IN EAR STEREO HANDSFREE: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

i must say im annoyed with myself for not getting them last year
    the quality on the build is good, i can now use my own sony earbuds without the device poping up the player or cutting out when i slightly knock it.
    it has an inline volume controll and it seems to sound a bit clearer than the standard one even with its own headset that comes with it

i had to get this as my original handsfree became faulty near the mic for the right ear so if i moved it would cut out or crackle

i would say those that still have another year left with the galaxy or are new to galaxy should get this replacement handsfree attachment as its a massive improvement on the default
  24. gelu88

gelu88 Member

hmm, looks great.

But too bad, all suppliers i see for this are UK only...

serves me right for getting this in Canada.