Galaxy Apollo 15801 keeps turning itself offSupport

Last Updated:

1. thehoudi

thehoudi New Member This Topic's Starter

Ok my head is bursting with this phone. Am now on my 3rd handset from Orange and each one insists on switching itself off. I cant turn it back on without removing and replacing the battery. Anyone else having the same problem ? Have Orange got a dodgy pallet of these things sitting somewhere ?

Any thoughts on apps - have I installed something each time that screws the phone up ?

Id just like to get some feedback before I go and phone Orange again to get a replacement. Its a shame cos I do like the phone but hope to be offered an alternative choice this time !!

Advertisement
  2. stoffell

stoffell Active Member

Well, no problem here.. Try resetting it to a factory default and not installing any apps for a few days?

3. thehoudi

thehoudi New Member This Topic's Starter

Will give that a try but as I said this is the 3rd handset and they all work for the first few days then randomly turn themselves off......

4. colinsweat

colinsweat New Member

yep having the same problem here....first few days it was fine and then battery stopped displaying correctly and randomly turning itself off...maybe a backup and factory reset will fix it but ive got a feeling it will only temporarily solve the issue...

5. S_Id

S_Id Member

I've been having the same problem for ages, reset doesn't work, I'm thinking it's maybe an app that's causing it so try doing a reset and not installing any apps for a while, see if that makes any difference.

Just to make sure we're talking about the same thing. Does your phone turn on straight away when you hold the power button after it's turned itself off? It normally takes 2-3 seconds to power the phone on from an off state, when mine 'turns itself off' I have to hold the power button for about 10 seconds for it to turn on which suggests that it's actually frozen in standby and I'm having to restart it.

6. exburt

exburt New Member

I've had my phone about three months...exactly the same problem. The battery connection goes dead. Solution re-connect battery. I even bought a new battery thinking this might help. result = same problem..just perhaps less frequently, say twice a week. Dunno what else to try...am living with it.

7. barqers

barqers Well-Known Member

S_Id, I think your powering on issue is constant throughout all the apollo phones. I think once the phone's screen turns off as if it has shutdown, that the phone is probably still powering down, and if you hold the power button, it's only force closing the shutdown process. I have found that if you shutdown the phone, wait for 3 seconds after the screen goes blank, then power on, it's pretty much instant for me.

As for the restarting, I've had this problem before! I however, did a reset, and didn't install apps, and that seemed to be it for me. I can't remember which apps, but I've now stayed away from mybackup pro, trillium, advanced task manager pro, astrid, beautiful widgets, and a couple others.

If you post a list of your apps maybe I can remember specifically which ones I installed myself.

8. Craig12

Craig12 Well-Known Member

I had this problem for a while too... I got my phone unlocked to use on 3 and when i got the phone back it had been reseted, since unlock and reset i havent had the problem since...

9. arnold22

arnold22 Well-Known Member

My wife start starting to get this same issue, the phone turns it self off and reboots randomly without her touching the phone. Her phone is not rooted and has very few apps installed (couple of games and a calendar).
    She is also finding the battery to be draining very fast (10% in less then two hours on idle). I had a look at her phone setting quickly this morning and did not see anything which would drain the battery. Her setting are almost identical to mine.

10. barqers

barqers Well-Known Member

Does she have the apollo? Does she use "Where's my droid" or other apps that could be constantly checking things?

Check her running services.

11. arnold22

arnold22 Well-Known Member

She has the Apollo and I've check all her setting to turn off anything which would be draining the battery and found nothing. Yesterday her battery life seem in line which what I am experiencing, about two days on one charge.
    We will see if it continues.