Galaxy apolo freezes, 0 network bars and high battery dischargeSupport

Last Updated:

1. adey

adey New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,

I bought my Samsung Galaxy 2 apollo three days ago. This morning out of blue moon it just wont respond to my touch. I was trying to answer the calls it wont register the touch. then I tried to unlock it by sliding the finger.. it wont work. I thought perhaps the screen got sticky etc.. I cleaned it with a soft tissue.yest same problem. after trying for over hundred times, it finally responded. I was pressing on the contacts button to go to my contacts, it wont take me there.. it will open up a quick search window. each n every time.. i rebooted many a times but it wont fix the issue. the fone hasnt had any update since i first turned it on. no software or application installed. just out of blue moon. All day no access to messages nothing.. sometimes it will get kind and allow me to excess missed calls..

then I also noticed that in the network bars it was showing 0 bar. previously it always had different according to the network reception. my firends had full network coverage (same service provider). then I also noticed that the blodybattery was draining out.. I recharged it like early in the morning fully. hardly used to fone to call and it is almost empty now at night...

and strangely phone is not freezing. it is working normally now.. all bizarre... I called up the service centre they had no idea and said if it is working well now then there is nothing to complaint.. as they wont be able to see my screen freezes and the quick search pop ups.

Any wise person here can help me.. three days old fone..and this issue... definitely a taste spoiler

whats going on folks.

Carrier: Airtel
    Country / Language: India / English
    OS / Browser / build number (if applicable): Android 2.1 Update 1

Advertisement
  2. sumitqa

sumitqa New Member

Hi,

Hope your phone is doing well now.. if not then please try reseting it. (i hope :) you had already done that)

About the issue with Battery with Samsung 3 / I5801
    Here is the solution, i got from Samsung Helpline....

1. Let your phone drain out whole of battery (try using it till it switch off automatically)
    2. Put it on charging for 8-9 hours, be it in OFF mode only. (you can do this in night)
    3. Remove the charger after it, and Power it ON...

Let me know it it works for you...

adey likes this.
  3. adey

adey New Member This Topic's Starter

HI..

I did the reset.. thankgod the problem is not there now..

about the battery.. i am gona try it again... have done what u suggested.. strangely the battery drains out in a day and android system uses 89% of it...

is it normal for it?