Galaxy Camera

Last Updated:

1. xblue95

xblue95 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Could someone tell me about the Galaxy Camera. I'm about to load the Galaxy rom on my Behold 2 and I'm just curious about the camera on the Galaxy. What kind of features does it have and does the flash still work? Is it working okay with the Behold hardware?:D

Advertisement
  2. xblue95

WOW! I can't believe out of 58 view of this thread, no one has an opinion of the camera that is loaded with the Galaxy ROM. I'm just curious on what kind of trade off I'm making here if I load the ROM.:confused:

3. dreadmot

dreadmot Member

Its definitely not as good as the B2 camera. Essentially no features to it at all. Flash still works and picture quality is good but no real features at all. Ive tried a couple of the camera apps on the market and some of them come close to the B2 camera app but nothing quite as good. Its really the only thing I miss from the B2.

4. xblue95

Ya, I bought the "Camera Zoom FX" program back when I had a CLIQ and it's pretty cool, but I enjoy the BH2's camera much better. I haven't tried any other camera app's, has anyone else? If so which ones?:cool:

5. Notahotshot

Notahotshot Well-Known Member

According to the galaxy Rom thread you get the stock android camera. No bells no whistles. I am going to root/Rom my BH2. I will give up camera bells and whistles to gain overall speed increase.

6. Gbear

Gbear Member

Its definatly not the behold camera but give the developers time somebody will figure out something better.It works ok for what i need it to do.

7. kam187

kam187 Well-Known Member

Its just the standard android camera. If i remember corectly you can change the picture quality, set flash on/off/auto, set white balance, set video quality and thats about it. Its good enough to take pictures etc, but there's no fancy features.

We need to replace the behold 2 kernel to move further. We have a 2.1 build for the galaxy being released very soon (community build) so it would be nice to run that on the behold 2 as well.

EDIT:

2.1 project link if u want to keep up to date on its progress:
    http://code.google.com/p/gaosp/

8. paul89

paul89 Well-Known Member

love to hear the updates kam! keep up the good work:D