• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
If I understand you right, you're seeing the android logo animation looping.

If you see the loop isn't smooth but stops for a while before starting again, you're probably seeing the symptoms of a crash and restart many times over.

Probably a restore should solve your problem. Check up on odin.

Upvote 0
Try to do a recovery first:

Power OFF the phone. Then press:

volume_down+call+power button and it will boot into recovery. After boot, press menu button to start recovering.

If it keeps booting normally, make sure to turn the phone off, hold down volume down, and then also call, and finally also power. Make sure you hold power last.

Upvote 0
Hi All,

I have alsmost the same problem....I have rooted my phone and have now the recovery mode from HD blog....it's was working fine.

So I tried to get the galaxhero rom installed
I did the following steps:

1)...Reboot in recovery mode (Volume down + both Call buttons) and choose "Nandroid backup" to save a backup of your current ROM just in case.

2)...backup G apps

3)...Then, choose "Wipe data/factory reset". The phone will reboot in recovery mode again.

4)...Choose "Apply sdcard:update.zip" (second menu entry on the recovery screen)

5)...Restore Google applications ("Restore G.Apps")

6)..."Enable root (su)".

but then enable root failed!!

anyway I went on further with reboot system

it rebooted till the "android HD logo" showed up and then suddenly the screen went off and it seemed like my phone went off....so I went back to the recovery mode and did the following steps:

wipe data
restore backup

restore G apps

enable root su....but again enable su failed!!

Again I choose reboot system, and when the reboot came again to the "android HD logo" ...it stuck there and stayed looping

First...why do I still see the android HD logo again...because I did a wipe!!!!

Second...How can I get my phone working again!!!

Please any help will much appreciated

Thanks
Yassin

Upvote 0
Yassin.
I have had trouble installing the Glaxo and Glaxheros Roms as weel. To get them to work, I always ssem to have to start with a flash of the II5 firmware using Odin.

Then put the recovery vesion 4.2 on the phone. (Backup of G apps is 4.1)

At the same time, copy the II5 image file on to /sdcard/ and make sure it is called II5.tar

Now run a wipe / factory reset.

Then run the update.

Then restore google apps.

(All these have to be done in order to get it to work.)

Then enable root if you want. (Sometimes you need to fix permisions before this will work.)

Then at long last, reboot, wait, enjoy.

Good luck.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones