• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Fame Camera shutter sound

jeb0007

Lurker
Feb 15, 2014
Hello Can anyone tell me where the option is to turn on the camera shutter sound. On the Galaxy Ace it is in the Camera settings but that option does not seem to be in the FAME camera settings. Is does not mention it in the User manual either.....Thanks in advance....

Hello Can anyone tell me where the option is to turn on the camera shutter sound. On the Galaxy Ace it is in the Camera settings but that option does not seem to be in the FAME camera settings. Is does not mention it in the User manual either.....Thanks in advance....

I did not think it was a difficult question as lots of people have a FAME. I would be grateful if any experienced FAME user can tell me where the Sound option is for the Camera shutter.. Many thanks

Upvote 0
I did not think it was a difficult question as lots of people have a FAME. I would be grateful if any experienced FAME user can tell me where the Sound option is for the Camera shutter.. Many thanks[/QUOTE

Turn the handset volume completely off before you start the camera app. (of course, you may miss calls etc if you don't remember to turn it back up again!)

Upvote 0
Hello Thanks for the reply..BUT my problem is that I want the camera sound but can't find anyway to turn it on. All the volumes are on FULL but I cant see any option for camera shutter sound in the Camera App or elsewhere. Do you have a Galaxy Fame and if so advise me where the Camera sound is located. Thanks

Upvote 0
Hello Thanks for the reply..BUT my problem is that I want the camera sound but can't find anyway to turn it on. All the volumes are on FULL but I cant see any option for camera shutter sound in the Camera App or elsewhere. Do you have a Galaxy Fame and if so advise me where the Camera sound is located. Thanks

Sorry, my mistake, mis-read your question. My wife has a Fame; the shutter sound works and I cannot find any software setting to turn it on or off.

On the assumption that the sound works for the other apps on your phone I can only suggest :-

(a) switch off and remove the battery for a few minutes; it may just possibly reinitialise the shutter sound.

or (b) start in 'safe' mode; if the shutter sound works then one of your downloaded apps is interfering with it

or (c) use another camera app with a shutter sound on / off setting

or (d) the 'nuclear' option - backup everything on the phone and do a Factory Reset

Upvote 0
Hello.. Many thanks for the information. It seems you are the only person in this forum ( GALAXY FAME ) who has tried the camera shutter to see if it has sound or not. So if your wife's has sound then as you say there does not seem to be any options that you know of for sound control for the camera shutter. I will try some of your suggestions ..except the last one :) Regards John

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones