• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy gear sales

I've bought a couple items from RAKUTEN.com & had no problems.

They've been around awhile (about 15 yrs),I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them,especially if they're a low price leader on something.

If you can get free shipping & no tax,I see no reason to pass this up,unless you don't mind waiting for a better deal.

Supposedly, retail sales are weak,reported in the 50,000 range worldwide.

SAMSUNG has moved/shipped over 800,000 units.They've got their $,but,apparently, the retailers haven't.

Will the price drop further?
Who knows,but,$250 isn't a bad deal at all,IMHO........

Reactions: ocnbrze and rsmin
Upvote 0
Kolio,

Thanks for the reply. Still on the fence on buying it. Went by best buy yesterday and I love the feel and quality of the gear. Still waiting on Verizon to update the note 2 to 4.3 for me to be able to use it. So I have a little while to make a decision on buying it. I tend to be a tech junkie. The only thing I am not sure about is that the gear mentioned in the sale with Rakuten is from a third party seller? Would hate to wind up with a used one or an issue with returning it if I had trouble with it. Also, I did read somewhere that Samsung was going to officially drop the price to $275 sometime soon.

Upvote 0
Kolio,

Thanks for the reply. Still on the fence on buying it. The only thing I am not sure about is that the gear mentioned in the sale with Rakuten is from a third party seller? Would hate to wind up with a used one or an issue with returning it if I had trouble with it. Also, I did read somewhere that Samsung was going to officially drop the price to $275 sometime soon.

I believe RAKUTEN is akin to AMAZON,selling not only direct,but,acting as a middle man w/3rd parties as AMAZON does,along w/backing any item they sell.

Check out the WIKIPEDIA page for some general information on the company. They appear to be as safe as any other better known e-tailers.

Reactions: ocnbrze and rsmin
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones